Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started playing hide and seek with my two dogs Obi and Izzie as something to keep their minds active... They love it, and were so excited afterwards, they spent at least 30minutes playing and wrestling..... hope you enjoy the photo's I took, just to make you all smile:wavey:

Before the wrestling started...

Who's got who's leg?????

I know, let's rip up some doggy bags.....

Awwwww give me some...

Now I'll drap this piece of ripped up toy in front of you so you'll tug it with me....

That's right.... puulllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more time....

Just one more roll around the floor....

It's still raining, but the dogs are now quiet and sleeping... shhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, lots of growling but Izzie drapes the toy towards Obi and teases him until he plays, visa versa also. Mind you, they can play tug of war for ages and if I put my hand on the item, the both just let go...

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
They look like they are having a blast and I dont thnk they could have any funner outside. That cracks me up in one picture the kitty is sleeping away and next picture kitty gone. He probably said "Im out of here, they are disturbing my nap".

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
At least they know the best way to avoid the weather is to have some fun and keep mum and us amused.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Freddie the cat is about 16 now, and both the dogs love her and curl up with her. I just love watching them play, they seem to both know the 'rules' but Izzie's the biggest tease and drapes toys at Obi to make him play. They've never ever fallen out, and no matter how rough it gets, they are still playing!!!!

Just one thing... if I get another dog, will it be three bodies all rolling round together, or will they take turns?? Am going to think about it so carefully because these two are so tight, not sure if bringing another pup in (keeping one of Izzie's pup's) might upset the status quo. Hope not!!!

Many thanks for your comments, you know how much we love 'em!!!

·
Registered
16,393 Posts
Do you hide from them somewhere in the house, like a closet, and then call their names? It's funny that they gor so whooped up with the fun of it that they played for half an hour. There's nothing more entertaining than snarly bitey-faces on beautiful goldens. It is just so silly, it makes me laugh. Finn showed all his fangs/teeth to Tango yesterday while doing the play bow and wagging like like a crazy dog. Then he did his touchdown dance prance.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you hide from them somewhere in the house, like a closet, and then call their names? It's funny that they gor so whooped up with the fun of it that they played for half an hour. There's nothing more entertaining than snarly bitey-faces on beautiful goldens. It is just so silly, it makes me laugh. Finn showed all his fangs/teeth to Tango yesterday while doing the play bow and wagging like like a crazy dog. Then he did his touchdown dance prance.
Luckily all our downstairs rooms interconnect, so I make them sit and wait in the hallway while I go and hide the toy. I then go to them and say 'find it' they just go mad hunting for it, and the waggy tails say it all!!!! Izzie would make a fine search dog as she never gives up, and uses her nose so well!

I started the 'find' command while out in the woods and would throw a ball into the undergrowth, both dogs needed to smell it out. Izzie never fails to bring the ball back, Obi just uses the ball as a reason to make Izzie play! izzie always manages to wrestle the ball from him tho or wait for him to drop it and then bring it back to me... what a girl!!! We've even had other owners come along with their dogs, and they join in too... such fun!!!!

I think it's so important to make them use their brains, whatever that activity is... how boring it must be for dogs who never have any stimulation!

Also, the only time I've ever heard Izzie bark (she's coming up for 2) is when she wants Obi to play. They have a little stand off and then race together and either chase or wrestle... so much fun to watch!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts