Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to everyone that posted about the frozen kongs.

We had a dinner party last night. I bought Hank a new antler and bullystick just for the occasion. Yesterday while reading the forum I came across some ideas for freezing a kong full of "good stuff". My dogs never were too interested in a kong, but I do have a large red one.

I dug it out, filled it with peanutbutter, kibble, some of the squirt liver flavored filler and a couple of treats. Stuck it in the freezer. The antler and bullystick didn't interest him, he wanted to be out with the guest which was impossible. Most were not dog-lovers and some were seniors. He was in the gated laundry room. 5 m.o., 45 lbs. Hank is hard to ignore!

Anyway, when we sat down to dinner I gave him the frozen kong...it saved the night! :nchuck: That kept him busy all through dinner, we didn't even know he was around. I have three more holiday parties coming up, so I'm off to PetsMart today to buy another kong or two.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
They are the best aren't they? With the way Sienna inhales things I am now down to just Kongs and need to revisit those postings. Thanks for reminding me it will be a great idea to get some ready for Christmas morning :p:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Frozen peanut butter in a kong is a gift from God!! I'm so happy it worked for you and your dinner party went off without doggie feet on the table!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts