Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I am new here. I found this forum a few days ago while I was looking for some answers on my golden retriever's front legs.

I have a golden retriever. His name is SUPERMAN. I am worried about his front legs. The knees are knobby and the paws are pointing outwards. He is 4.5 months old. His weight is well above 16kgs. He plays well, jumps, sprints, attacks us and does not limp or has any kind of pain. All in all, he is active. I am feeding him 325grams of N&D puppy food.

Morning - 150grams + Calcium supplement 3 ml + megaflex powder 4 grams + 1 egg white + 1 bowl curd
Lunch - home made food + 25 grams N&D food + 1 multivitamin tablet (Pet Tabs) + 1 egg white + 1 bowl curd
Dinner - 150 grams + Calcium supplement 3 ml + megaflex powder 4 grams + 1 egg white + 1 bowl curd

He also eats fruits like bananas, mangos, watermelon etc. in between his meals.

I am so concerned about his feet. Please show me the way. Please tell me if this will be automatically corrected or if I need to visit a vet. I have read so much about this on the internet and everyone has their own opinion. Everyone says something different. Please take a look at these photos of him.

Look forward to your suggestions. Thank you.
Dog Comfort Wood Fawn Flooring
Dog Carnivore Wood Dog breed Fawn
Dog Collar Pet supply Carnivore Liver
Dog Carnivore Road surface Dog breed Flooring
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Road surface Companion dog
Dog Carnivore Road surface Ball Plant

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cut all the supplements and just feed the dog food. These is 90% of the time a nutrition issue and he’s eating a balanced diet that is being all thrown apart by tons of calcium
Thank you very much for responding. So need to visit the vet for this right now? Just cut the calcium supplement? I am so heartbroken and I love him to the moon and back. I just want him to be OK.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Cut all the supplements and feed a high quality food. Take him to the vet to get their opinion.

Reactions: abhishek

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
You have a lot going on there.
Agree to stop all supplements (why is he on all that?) and other than Vit C nothing but balanced kibble. And I wouldn't do the Vit C indefinitely, just long enough (maybe 6 wks) to see if it helps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would visit the vet right away, and stop feeding him what you're feeding him and switch to a high quality kibble so he's getting balanced nutrition.
Thank you very much for responding. I am feeding him N&D and I believe N&D is high-quality dog food. What do you think?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have a lot going on there.
Agree to stop all supplements (why is he on all that?) and other than Vit C nothing but balanced kibble. And I wouldn't do the Vit C indefinitely, just long enough (maybe 6 wks) to see if it helps.
Thank you very much for responding. I have stopped all supplements. The vet recommended these supplements. I just listened to him. I just wanted the best for him. I am feeding him N&D and I believe N&D is high-quality dog food. What do you think?

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
Thank you very much for responding. I am feeding him N&D and I believe N&D is high-quality dog food. What do you think?
Farmina N&D?
I love their bags, and admit I buy some now and then just because I like the bag and ingredient description. But if it's one of the ones without grains it probably would not fit anyone's safe definition.

·
Registered
Ramses
334 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think @Prism means that Farmina N&D is alright but do not choose the ones that says grain-free.. Grain-free foods have been linked to potentially causing canine dilated cardiomyopathy... Can you perhaps switch him to one of the grain inclusive Farmina N&D selection instead?
Thanks for replying. Sure. Next time I'll buy this one. Farmina N&D Low Grain Mini Breed Dry Puppy Food - Chicken & Pomegranate - 2.5 Kg Each - Pack of 2 : Amazon.in: Pet Supplies

Please confirm if this is ok.

I don't know too much about the food. So asked a few people who already have pets. They recommended n&d and I went for the most expensive one.

·
Lead Super Mod + Administrator
2,594 Posts

·
Registered
Ramses
334 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
Ramses
334 Posts
Thank you very much for replying. I will definitely buy this henceforth. What do you think about the condition of his legs? Will they straighten out?
I'm sorry about the condition of your puppy's legs 😕 I'm not at all experienced to advise on such conditions and I did not go through this with my puppy... I can only state that If I were in your shoes, I would listen to more experienced and knowledgeable members like Prism and ArkansasGold.. I guess the first step is to start with the food change and perhaps to take vitamin C (as I read from the thread)? Maybe Prism can clarify for you if you should still continue this and how much?

I really hope your puppy is going to be better....🤞🏽

1 - 20 of 93 Posts