Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am switching my Blonde Girl to Formm ( Duck & Sweet Potato ) Food.
She was on Blue Buffalo but she always seemed hungry and her coat isnt nice and shinny any more.
I hope this new Formm Food helps her get her shinny Blonde Coat back and stops her from hounding everyone for hand outs.

·
Registered
13,083 Posts
I hope you're happier with how she looks on the new food - hope she likes it, too! It may not break her habit of begging for hand-outs, though. Goldens have an endless appetite, especially for goodies! You may need to do a little extra training! ;)

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I think you mean Fromm. I'm not correcting you because I'm the spelling police, though. ;) I just want the word to be spelled correctly in the thread so people searching can find it. Maybe a mod can fix the title for you too so you get more views of the thread.

She's probably going to beg for handouts regardless of what you feed her if she's a foodie. The only way to get her to stop doing that is to train an alternate behavior ("go lie down") and never to reward her for begging (no handouts, ever).

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
haven't noticed a difference in coat on my goldie with Fromm (diet for past 2 months)..but my 10.5 y/o black lab has a very soft, shiny coat. They both still beg when ever food is around!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm in the process of switching to Fromm's from Blue Buffalo myself. I'm still in the half and half mixing stage though. Maya gobbles up anything even remotely edible--and sometimes even those things that aren't, she is definately a foodie--if your dog is too, the begging won't end, but good advise to never give in to handouts. I made this mistake with my first pup--she used to salivate so much it would be dripping on the floor while we ate!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Girl Star is like that too, she will drool from her mouth as she watches everyone eat and this is right after she has eaten.
I haven't found a food she will not eat don't think there is one.
She has been this way since she was a puppy.
Her two most impotent things in life are food and getting attention from people.
My wife says she is a ( west cost Blondie ) and knows how to work it to get what she wants. ( i think thats so funny )

·
Registered
85 Posts
After much extensive research, we switched our now 1 yr old from blue buffalo to Fromm and have not looked back since. We started with the duck and sweet potato and tried the salmon, beef fritatta ( like these the least as they are very small sized kibble). The duck and the pork/applesauce are the biggest of the nuggets and she seems to like them the best. This is a high quality food for a reasonable price. I order online from doggiefood.com and they have free shipping over $49. so it is well worth it. the 30lb bag of duck and sweet potato is $51.99. the only one we did not try is the chicken as she is not a big fan of same. Her coat is shiny, poops 1-2 times a day, very firm. WOuld highly recommend it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a free coupon from Fromm Food.
went to there web sight and told them i was switching my dogs food to Fromm
and they sent me a card for $ 5.00 off my next bag of Fromm any size

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
I love Fromm food!! I switched to it this past June. My dogs are currently eating the Duck formula.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts