Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm, back, and I must say it was fabulous! I made some great new friends in Costa Rica,
Iggy, can't live without him in the back yard:

Maybe a howler, certainly a monkey:

On the back patio, a toad and crab:

My familia (sorry for the Spanish, hard to drop:))

Where we stayed, and it was fabulous, but in bankruptcy, so water was iffy and I am still itchy from bug bites. But hey, lots of people sleeping in tents!

On Tortuga island,will never go again, too many tourists! What a bad hair day! (Who cares?)

What a beautiful country!

Oh I forgot! On the bridge over the Teracoles river! Mwuhahaha.

And I forgot these babies, maybe spider monkeys? This was in Manual San Antonio.

And Lobo, who we previously called sh*t, because that is what the caretaker said when we asked his name. Last time I visited Costa Rica I felt sorry for all the dogs that lived out side and ate from the ocean. This time I wondered if perhaps they might have a leg up on us. They bowed at greeting, they never begged, they were gentle beyond belief. At one point I said to Cara, be careful, he is showing teeth, and she said, mom, he is just showing how clean his teeth are. And ****, I think she was right. Learning about other cultures is so fun.
His owner, Hector the guard's house:

Volcano Arenal:

Coatimundi:

The Bumpasses are home from boarding and sleeping at my feet. They don't seem mad, only tired. We were in such a remote spot I did not see a newspaper for a week. We watched the Hawks in Spanish (Reeky Stainzy) and getting away from American politics was fab. No one wanted to talk about it down there, fabulous culture.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
WOW!!! What great photos!
Such a special time with your family....A mighty fine looking group I must say!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
You picked a great winter to go - welcome back to the arctic freeze!

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You picked a great winter to go - welcome back to the arctic freeze!
Yay, I was one of those dumbells with shorts on at Ohare, the taxi mavens didn't feel too sorry for me. Then we spent another night with the kids, hey, we bought the trip! I felt kinda guilty, DD's bed is so comfortabale. Oh wait, I bought it! :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for sharing, enjoyed seeing the pics. It's neat to see how differnet things are in other places. :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That sounds like an amazing vacation. My hubby has always wanted to go there and I have to say I have been alittle interested. Now even more interested.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Wow...what great pictures. Love all the critter pictures and what a nice looking family. Sounds like a wonderful warm place to visit.

·
Sandy's mom too!
89 Posts
I loved looking at your photos! My sister also just went to costa Rica and said it was fabulous. I may have to start looking into a vacation there! :cool:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Loved looking at your pics, my husband and I went there 18 months ago and it's our best vacation ever. We stayed up in the cloud forest near arenal, and then flew down to Manuel Antonio ~ did you do the canopy tour? We did and it was amazing!!

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot to post the rooster that woke us up every morning at 5:30 AM. No use to wring his neck, but I coulda.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Looks like you did zipline again! Wonderful, wonderful pics....oooooo, I forgot about the Coati's....like weasel-cat-dogs!
So glad you had a perfect time, CR can be a magical place :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts