Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know a vary good friend of mine had a kennel fire loosing 11 adult dogs and a litter of puppies.

The Labrador community has a fundraiser started on the behalf of Tina and Bill to help rebuild what was lost. Though some things can never be replaced they can rebuild.

please go to KENNELLINKSINPI and click on the Forum link to read more about this tragic story.

Thank you

·
Registered
494 Posts
I could not find the original post, though I saw your other thread about this horrible tragedy :( do they know what started the fire? Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about the grief she must be facing. Those poor dogs.. I hope that they receive enough to rebuild, I cannot even imagine losing so much

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Friends Helping Friends - Donate to Pridezion Labradors

On November 22, a fellow Kennel owner Show Dog Breeder lost several dogs and a litter of puppies in a fire. She is in great need of our help to rebuild.

Many of you have never net me or Tina. Thought I am sure that you have seen my posts about Mia and some of you have met me personally ring side.

I was one of the first people there for her that morning. I was the first breeder/show friend she called. Tina is my show Buddy, we travel together in an RV that we bought together. I lovingly call her my weekend Wife lol.

Tina and Bill where jolted awake at about 6:30 to barking dogs. Only to find the nursery building in flames. They did what they could with garden hoses and where able to get 3 dogs out. One dog was burn and is being treated for his burns. Thank goodness the other two where not injured. Bill has burns to his stomach and hands as well as took in a lot of smoke trying to rescue more dogs.

When I got to Tina she was in bed with the covers tight over her head moaning "my babies my babies" and repeating a list of those lost. All I could do was sob with here.

Meanwhile my husband and others had the task of removing the bodied of those lost so that Bill and Tina would never have to see them like that. My husband has not slept well scene. As we know all of dogs too.

They lost their nursery which housed many of their brood bitches, puppies, Show prospect puppies, a couple of stud dogs and older retired pets. Not to mention 5 dogs that where in for training and boarding.

The building was a total loss and the cause is undetermined but was more than likely electrical. They where renting and did not have renters insurance. There for nothing will be replaced by insurance. However the building will be rebuilt by the land owners.

I understand why people may question the donation of money and would like to know where the money donated might be used 100% will go to rebuild what was lost. If you are uncomfortable with sending money they also need please see list below.

Dog Food, food bowls, water buckets, water hoses, food storage bins, dog toys, puppy toys, tarps.

She lost all of her training gear like bumpers and such (I am not sure what all goes into that). She lost a freezer full of ducks, pigeons and wings for training including the freezer.

She lost her Washer and dryer, blankets, towels, Medical/vet supplies, a tread mill, about 12 crates, about 20 bails of chip for bedding (surprisingly enough the chips exploded but not a lot of them burnt) but the smell so bad that you can't use them.

she lost her grooming item tables, dryer, tub, combs brushes, scissors, leads, colliers shampoos, conditioner I am sure I am missing things.

I am trying to visualize the inside of the kennel and remember what all was in there. The list could go on and on I am sure I am forgetting things.

I know a lot of the items are big ticket items but that is the list we talked about yesterday.

I have been telling people that gift cards from petco, petsmart, wal-mart, pet edge, Revival animal health, the 3 C's would also be wonderful.

On behalf of Tine and Bill any card, letter, with or with out a donation any small or large donation does not go unnoticed. The outpouring of kindness is over whelming to them. They are so grateful to the whole dog community They want to say thank you from the bottom of their heart.

If you would like to send something please
monitory donations: Via Paypal at [email protected]
USPS letters and boxes: P.O. Box 1064 Scappoose Or 97056
UPS/Fedex: 54732 Mock lane Or. 97056

Thank you

Whiskey Creek Goldens

1 - 4 of 4 Posts