Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pudden, friend Garp and I drove to he Native village of Teller on the Bering Strait last Wednesday; 70 miles northwest of Nome.

the first pic is from 2 weeks ago, to show how quickly the fall colors go down the hatch :)

That's a herd of reindeer and also an abandoned mining ghost town in the pics :)

Attachments

·
i lub alda mi prens
1,083 Posts
WOW WEE!!! In just two weeks???? I'm moving there!!! I don't get comfortable until it's below 50. I need to move to a northern state. You guys dont' need any middle school teachers in the area do you? LOL

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Alaska is both fascinating and gorgeous! Do you dread winter? Look forward to it?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It is just beautiful but scary in a way too. But it looks like Pudden and Garp dont mind. Such an amazy place.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
breath taken pictures.So hard to imagine winter since we still wearing shorts.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Awe inspiring. Beautiful and scary was a good way to describe it, BeauShel. Has anyone being watching the documentary on the National Parks? The pictures of Alaska (Denali) were incredible. What a place!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Beautiful scenery! We still have a few more months before winter sets in here but I can't wait! Nothing like a good walk in the cold fresh winter air:)

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Stunning pictures! My son lives in Anchorage but loves to hike and camp in remote areas. It is amazing country. He has a Golden too. I always enjoy all the Alaska photos I see.

Looks like winter is close. You and Pudden stay safe!

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
I love that first picture! Just gorgeous! I visited one of those mining towns when I visited my sister in Wasilla. It was very cool. Hard to imagine living that kind of life.

Thank you for sharing these pictures. Looks like the dogs love it! I'm afraid winter will be here soon as well. :(

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
wow the scenery is breathtaking
I agree with the others on here that it looks an exciting but scarey place to live
I would love to come visit though lol

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Wonderful photos of spectacular scenery, not to mention an airborne Pudden:) Curiosity again: do you have a couple of extra tires and the necessary repair parts in your car so if you break down you can get yourself mobile again? I can't imagine that too many folks would pass by if you needed a lift!

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Wow, stunning pics - good to see Pudden and Garp enjoying themselves

1 - 20 of 23 Posts