Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I ♥ my Zazoo
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My poor Zane kept lifting his paws off the ground this morning when I took them out to go potty.. :( Maddie has a lot of fur in between her paws so it doesn't seem to bug her.. But my poor Zane.. The wind burns my bare skin when I took them out.. Not a nice day out there..

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
BRRRRR!!!! We are having a very mild December here is Seattle WA. It is 50 degrees today. I noticed Lola has gotten a lot of toe "FUR" the last two months or so. Is this a winter thing or do all Goldens have toe fur???

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm jealous! I love the cold and snow, and this has been the worst December in years. Last night it was 55 degrees and they were forecasting thunderstorms. Yuck!

I knew that if I bought a new pair of Muck boots, we'd have a snowless winter. :)

·
I ♥ my Zazoo
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish we were having a mild winter... We barely have any snow, but the Arctic cold front is freezing us.. Brrrrr....

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
OMg for once it's nicer in Western Canada than out East!! We are having amazingly balmy temps for the past 2-3 weeks. High of plus 7! Everyone's walking around in shorts and t-shirts...and no, I'm not exaggerating!

Oh well, I'm sure that cold weather will be hitting here soon. So far though, we've had an incredibly mild winter...and it's almost January!

·
I ♥ my Zazoo
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am totally jealous.. I was thinking of moving to Florida for winter months.. lol

OMg for once it's nicer in Western Canada than out East!! We are having amazingly balmy temps for the past 2-3 weeks. High of plus 7! Everyone's walking around in shorts and t-shirts...and no, I'm not exaggerating!

Oh well, I'm sure that cold weather will be hitting here soon. So far though, we've had an incredibly mild winter...and it's almost January!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Mid 40's this week in western Kansas. Lucy and Amber have enjoyed running around in their outdoor kennel for several hours every day. They pull their leashes to get there in the morning, but by mid-afternoon they are ready to come inside.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I finally turned on my furnace last night when I got home. But I'm hoping the forecast for above 0 by the weekend will come true!

Where I live, we missed the snow (yay!). A bit of ice, but nothing too awful. Yesterday, with the wind though? It was co-o-o-o-o-ld!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It's supposed to be in the high 70's here in so. california today. You could all come here and hang out with us :wave:

·
gone
1,443 Posts

My poor Zane kept lifting his paws off the ground this morning when I took them out to go potty.. :( Maddie has a lot of fur in between her paws so it doesn't seem to bug her.. But my poor Zane.. The wind burns my bare skin when I took them out.. Not a nice day out there..
Wow, that's chilly, I wondered how far Englehart is from Barrie, you're 5-6 hours from us,,,, waaay up north. Yesterday we hit around -8°C but today we're at -12°C and it's only morning. Bayne doesn't seem to mind the cold too much but I don't keep him outside too long since he really doesn't appear to have a thick coat and he doesn't have furry paws. Now, our Maine **** cat has very furry paws....

·
Registered
142 Posts
I feel your pain OP! It doesn't get as cold in Newfoundland, but it's still cold enough, and it regularly comes combined with high winds, snow, rain and hail. I think I'd also like to move to Florida for the winter months, but for now I'll settle for my vacation in May!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Yuck, way to cold for me!

I'm jealous! I love the cold and snow, and this has been the worst December in years. Last night it was 55 degrees and they were forecasting thunderstorms. Yuck!

I knew that if I bought a new pair of Muck boots, we'd have a snowless winter. :)
Thanks for buying those boots! I do not miss the snow at all after last winter.

·
Poppy's mom
224 Posts
Here in Québec City, it's the same as in Englehart, 'feels like' -30-ish. I tried to talk Poppy out of our daily run but failed. We only did 20 minutes though. My boyfriend then played catch with her in the yard for another 20 minutes or so. She amazes me. She doesn't have the thickest coat for a GR so I thought she would mind the cold much more but she really doesn't. She asks to go out and she just sits in the yard or on the porch and enjoys the scenary or chews on her bone. She's something.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
We're in the 60s here this week and will get to 70 by Saturday before Old Man Winter brings in a nasty cold front. The grass is still green too! This is the latest I've ever seen green grass on my lawn! I think it's confused as to when growing season is given it was so hot and dry this summer.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It's been a bit cold here but not that bad!! Hayden just runs more lol I have to say i'm a mean momma and I shave the fur from her paws. For one she wont chew on her paws if I do.. two it limits the mud I have to wipe off of 'em when we come back inside! She doesn't seem to mind though.

It's suppose to snow here on Monday but i'm ok with that... I'll be in Florida! lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts