Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondered, before i throw them out.... does anyone want:

1. full size comforter and bedskirt... pattern: big beautiful poinsettias. Bright red and dark green. It's a really terrific christmas set, but now i have a queen sized bed.
ill send it to you if you want it.

2. teacher edition (worksheets, guided material) for maniac magee and indian in the cupboard. bought these along time ago and then the elementary teachers started to teach the books, so when the kids got to 6th grade they had already read them. same deal, i'll send them to you.

just want to recycle the stuff and not waste them if anyone wants them.

first come, first served!!!!!

beth, moose and angel

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
Do you have a Freecycle group in your area? (www.freecycle.org). I've used our local group to find new homes for several household items I no longer want or need. You might check them out.
LOL - I use freecycle a lot - you wouldn't believe the crap - - I mean stuff that people have actually wanted! Anything that saves me a trip to the dump is a good thing!

Erica

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
i love freecycle - i've not taken one thing, but gotten rid of soooo much

·
<---- Andy Farmer!
5,885 Posts
Well heyyyyy!!! Incorporating the random act of kindness huh?? I love it. I don't have a need for your stuff, but's that's nice of you to offer. I hope someone can use them :)

·
Registered
16,393 Posts
The only thing I've asked for was used tennis balls for Tia, but didn't get a single response. But I have given away old stereo speakers, a bathroom scale, foam mattress topper, even note cards. It's a great service.
A great source of used tennis balls(lacrosse balls-same theory on the lax field) are high school tennis courts in the spring. The kids are too lazy to pick them up when they hit balls over the fence in practice.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Beth, just a word about your comforter. If you've got room, keep it. When your dog gets old, a comforter folded in half and then one more time makes a wonderful bed for old bones. You can fold a flat sheet into quarters for a cover, sew up the one side that needs it and voila, a great bed for no (or little) money. Actually, it makes a great bed anytime in your pup's life, and you can throw your cover in the wash easily. Nice of you to offer your stuff before you ditch it....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts