Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on Kijiji this morning! Anyone in Cape Breton, NS? Rescue? I could do part of the transportation. I've emailed to see if the dog is still available and asked why they are re-homing.

golden retreiver

Date Listed 31-Jan-10 Price Free
Address 156 Fulton Ave, Cape Breton, NS, Canada

Three and a half year old male golden retreiver free to a good home.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
If there is a golden retriever rescue in your area you could send them that information.

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Why, Why, Why do people just get rid of their dogs like trash?
That is how our rescue got Erica a local paper had an ad Free Goldens!
Thank God for rescues and foster homes.
I hope he finds a good home, keep us posted.
June

·
Registered
140 Posts
So sad. I've only had to "buy" two of the seven Goldens I've had in my life because of idiot people who just didn't care. I know the economy is a huge factor in people giving up their dogs these days, but a lot of times it's just thoughtless people who no longer want to make the effort.....makes me crazy. I hope this boy finds a wonderful home that will love him.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some good news, I think. I contacted the Nova Scotia golden rescue and they're going to help. I emailed the person myself and he wrote me back. He said he hurt his back very badly and can't walk his dog anymore. He said he really loves his dog! I may be naive but I believe him. I asked the local rescue if I could help and I really hope they let me do something.

I'm always reading on here about the wonderful way people are able to help with rescues. I would love to be a part of that but I don't think there is much opportunity here in Nova Scotia, not that that is a bad thing! :)

I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for reading. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts