Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who own a Kindle, there's a free book being offered today about a genetically intelligence enhanced Golden who goes around helping folks (shades of Koontz!)

Haven't read it yet, so I can't comment, but these offers often last only one day, so.......

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BCO8DM?tag=kiq-free-e-20

Product Description

Frankenstein meets Lassie.

Two decades of genetic research and experimentation, subsidized by the Iranian Ministry of Health and Medical Education, produces an amazing animal of the sub species Canis Lupus Familiaris. It appears to be a large golden retriever; however, it has one salient attribute that separates it from the rest of the canine world, it possesses the intelligence of an adult human being. Named Magic by the Marine whose life he saves, he travels from war torn Iraq to America and beyond.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I go back and click and it doesn't work for me either, but it is "Magic" by Edmond Humm. Got to download the other book too....

Try this link:

Amazon.com: MAGIC eBook: Edmond Humm, Ed Humm: Kindle Store

Actually, you can download the Kindle Reader for your computer and read them even if you don't own a Kindle.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Thank you, downloaded both.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
I think there was a movie made of this book or very similar a few years ago. I don't know the name unfortunately.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm about a third of the way.

I doubt they'll be studying it in American Literature class in 300 years, but I'm enjoying it.

Interesting how it's narrated in the first person (er, doggie) perspective:)

·
Mercy Miracle (M&M)
5,097 Posts
Special Golden

I know this is a thread from 2011, but I had to comment! I saw an advertisement for Magic in the Golden Retriever News magazine. The picture of the golden caught my eye, because he looked like Mercy. It says it's based on a true story. Man, is it a page turner! I've kinda thought of Mercy as a mutant golden. No, Mercy is not from a lab or anything like that, but she is very powerful! When I took her back to the breeder to get tatooed, even the breeder mentioned how she was very strong. She is super intelligent. She has some protectiveness in her as well. Okay, so I'm half joking about Mercy being a mutant Golden. She does not have any human genes or anything like that, but it's cool to use your imagination. God might have heightened her senses, strength, and intelligence. I like to imagine that Mercy might be a very special dog. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts