Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I found out something new about myself this week..
I could never become a hoarder.LOL!
We are moving my oldest son (louisiana's future DH;);)) to Madison WI this weekend and we have been trying to do some early packing and making sure we have plenty of time to get all the stuff he will need for his apartment. While some larger stuff is in the big garage alot of the stuff is in boxes around my house....I now walk into my house after work and start twitching and can feel my stress level go right up!
I love my son and will miss HIM terrible but CAN NOT wait to get that stuff out of my house and to get back to normal. I already threatened DH that the garbage will be full for the next couple weeks while I purge..LOL!:p::p:
Thanks.. I needed to get that off my chest!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
We are moving my oldest son (louisiana's future DH;);))
You mean you still haven't figure out my username? ;)

So does this mean you will help me keep my house clean when I move up there? :p: That is not one of my strengths...

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
Oh, I so hear you. Things out of place and my stress goes up; so do my dogs - well except for Ms Towhee. She has been at Barb's for 10 days now, and my couch cushions are still where I put them the Sunday before last! LOL

Your shoulders will probably drop 3 inches when you can see no boxes again!!

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean you still haven't figure out my username? ;)

So does this mean you will help me keep my house clean when I move up there? :p: That is not one of my strengths...
You be quiet brat!:p:...and remember what I just wrote on facebook.. I am officially fired from typing .. I can spell okay just can't type..LOL!:doh:

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I so hear you. Things out of place and my stress goes up; so do my dogs - well except for Ms Towhee. She has been at Barb's for 10 days now, and my couch cushions are still where I put them the Sunday before last! LOL

Your shoulders will probably drop 3 inches when you can see no boxes again!!
The only great thing about the move besides getting those boxes out of my house is I get to meet a potential Titan "date" too... I love combining family stuff with doggy stuff. I figure I will need something "normal" for a few hours.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,814 Posts
I get very stressed out when my husband leaves crap lying around the house. Things have a place and they need to be put there! I take after my mom that way.
Oh foster mom, how many discussions have we had on this subject??????
Maybe we should write a book, a blog at least...............

Titan1-I hate to tell you this. My son graduated from college a year ago, lives on his own in Atlanta in a house with 3 other guys. He left so much of his things/stuff here with us because he doesn't have anywhere to store them, one being a car............... I have no idea what he would do with his stuff, if/when we ever decide to move which we'd like to one day. I sure am not planning on moving it with me........

·
where the tails wag
13,359 Posts
Grins. I bought the house I grew up in. All siblings were told I had boxed up their stuff and they had 2 weeks to come get it (they all live within 20 minutes).

I then called a dumpster company - amazing how quickly they all showed up when that big old garbage collection unit was there :)

I mean, there were still Service papers in the attic and boy scout stuff - I am in my 50s and my brothers are all within 4 years of me. And their stuff did get tossed if they did not get it - 25+ years to collect their stuff was ample time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts