Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 10 year old golden in Toronto. Is called Elizabeth, and is around 10 years old.

The Microchip gave us an address and a phone number. Phone numbers no longer work, and after finding a correct phone number for that address, discovered that the previous owners (4 years ago) daughter owned a golden retriever.

Please send me a message if you are missing your golden, or if you know anyone in Toronto who is missing one!

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Can the new owners not give you any more information on the previous owners? Even last names? Assuming they're still in Toronto we could all take a portion of the phone book??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Current owners of that house don't have any forwarding details or further info, but they are racking their brains, it was over 4 years ago, so I'm glad they at least remembered the previous owners had a dog!

Owner of the house was Barbara Carrie

Dog was registered to a Megan Carrie, which must be the daughter!

We actually don't have a phonebook, but I think it's a great idea to divvy it up somehow.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
What was the nearest intersection to where the dog was found? She most likely didn't go TOO far...

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
(I don't have a phone book either...I'm just going to 411.ca it now :))

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the only B Carrie that was on 411.ca in Toronto and left a message, just before everyone bombards them with messages ;)

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
OK I left a message for:

B Carrie
131 Bloor W, Toronto, ON, M5S 3L7

Telling her to call me back if she owns a golden retriever named Elizabeth...going to look for a Megan Carrie now

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
OK there is a Megan Carrie at 581 Soudan Ave, Toronto, ON, M4S 1X1 - the phone number is busy...I will keep trying...

Do you think this is close enough? only 7 km or so I think?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, had to leave a message again, I guess it's late enough to people to switch off.

The dog isn't in my possession, it's with a friend, who has had her for a week now, so that's puts her being lost around the 21st August I guess.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Well the M and B Carrie live 5.8km from each other...not too far from where Elizabeth was found... So I hope we have a hit!

Regardless, I am just happy that Elizabeth is safe with you until her owners turn up! :)

(Does she look well taken care of? Like she hasn't been "wild" long?)

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Sorry, had to leave a message again, I guess it's late enough to people to switch off.

The dog isn't in my possession, it's with a friend, who has had her for a week now, so that's puts her being lost around the 21st August I guess.
Wow - that is somewhat worrisome! Hopefully we've got the owners located now

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i've had the kijiji and craigslist ads up for a while, and she's been reported to the humane society who I guess have kept a record. My friend has several dogs, and so she's very well looked after just now, but it looks like we'll be taking Elizabeth in with our golden for a while if we can't find her owners, to give my friend a break (she's allergic to shedders, and is knocking back antihistamines like nothing else!)

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
i've had the kijiji and craigslist ads up for a while, and she's been reported to the humane society who I guess have kept a record. My friend has several dogs, and so she's very well looked after just now, but it looks like we'll be taking Elizabeth in with our golden for a while if we can't find her owners, to give my friend a break (she's allergic to shedders, and is knocking back antihistamines like nothing else!)
Wow, well you are good people. Thank you for all you're doing for Elizabeth!

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Reactions: hubbub

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I called the Real Estate office and surprisingly there was someone working (??) ... she took my information and is going to page Barbara Carrie with my information to ask if she lost her golden... So I'm assuming if it's the right Barbara Carrie I should hear back!

Reactions: hubbub and idiotjc
1 - 20 of 32 Posts