Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Found my Golden boy!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/pet/1538082637.html

Heres the reply email.

Tell me more about yourself and your family. I may have to make a home visit and check references (please provide that information as well.)

He is born on 2/25/2009. I got him from a woman who couldn't take care of him after her second child was born. She got him from a breeder in long island. I have all the paperwork. He is up to date on all his shots and I will give you that record. I also have a coupon that i bought to get him neutered, which cost about 68 dollars approx. which will be included in his adoption.

Let me know if you're still interested.

Also, I have only grown up with female dogs, even in my extended family. My husband has had mostly male dogs. Whats the main differences? Plusses to owning a male? How will I keep him from mounting my legs? lol

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
He is a beautiful boy, if you they provide all the vet records and registration papers it sounds like a good deal.

In my experience, males are more affectionate and love to be close to you. I have not ever had a problem with them mounting my legs, hopefully you won't have to deal with that, lol. You should ask questions about his behavior like how is the with cats, other dogs, riding in a car, has he had any obedience training, etc. Ask if he has any history of aggression or has ever bitten anyone or other animals.

I hope he's perfect for you!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is gorgeous. I agree if you have the vet records, then I would go for it. I have males and females and my males are so much more Momma's boys. The girls are more independent. None of my males have ever tried to mount my leg or anyone elses. LOL Hope it all works out for you.

·
Found my Golden boy!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, believe it or not we had a GR visitor at my huge 4th of july part. The neighbors son came to visit and they left their dog out back. It dug under my fence to come to our party. He was perfect except he was humping all my guests!! rotfl.. Thats why I asked lol

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I hope this works out for you but my only question is whether there is some agreement in the original paperwork (between the breeder and first owner) requiring the dog to be returned to the breeder in the event of a problem. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
He is a cutie. Try to get as much information from the CL poster without seeming like a pest. This is going to be this dogs third home - enough already in my estimation. Go and meet with him for sure and see how things go.

·
Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
479 Posts
In my experience, males are more affectionate and love to be close to you. I have not ever had a problem with them mounting my legs, hopefully you won't have to deal with that, lol.
Mounting pillows might be another story!!!! :lol: :lol: ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts