Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, you guys may have sen my previous thread, my mom and I were interesting in getting a puppy during the summer. We both thought it would be a good idea to foster a golden retriever first. This would be both a good and rewarding experience. I have a couple questions thoe!

Since we would be bringing our first dog into our home what are the things we need to buy? Food, Crate, Bed, Toys, Crate, Bathing stuff, Collar, Leash, Bowl, Clean Up, Gates, Teeth. I really do not know what to get, that is why I am here. Is there a website that explains everything you need to know about bringing a golden into your home and what you need to get, because I am not sure if the rescue place will give us all this information. Remember this will be our first dog so we need a good place to start! Thankyou everyone.

Also I forgot to mention do you guys know how the foster process works? I understand that if it gets adopted we would transfer the dog to the new owner but do we have to keep the golden retriever until it gets adopted? We just want to do this temporarily for a couple months, thanks.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I have not fostered before but I think they would want the foster dog to stay in one home until they are adopted to help them. Fostering a dog would be completely different from a puppy because there are so many different issues. Good luck in getting your puppy. It sounds like you have gotten everything you need for the puppy

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
I would contact your local Golden Rescue! I'm sure they'll give you all the info you need.

When I started fostering I had to fill out an application just as if I had wanted to adopt one of their rescues, and a volunteer came out for a home visit. If you local rescue works the same way, that would be the time to make sure you have all your questions answered.

Good luck!

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Our rescue provides our foster homes with everything they need, also, you dont have to keep the dog until its adopted, we like you to but dont have to. We do a home visit like if you were adopting and answer any questions you might have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts