Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting this guy tonight. He and his older brother lived inside, until the wife left the husband and he put them outside on tie outs. A neighbor finally called my rescue asking for help. The puppy would get wrapped around a tree and have to stay that way until someone saw him, and all his had for shelter was a pet carrier. The older dog was originally adopted from the HS so they're taking him back, and I get the little guy. He's getting vetted today and I'll pick him up on my way home from work. Luckily our adoption day is tomorrow so hopefully he'll get some interest.

His older brother, about 1 year old.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's great you're adopting the little fellow! He looks super cute and I'm sure you'll give him a great home...

Congratulations and please let us know how his first evening/night/day goes!!

Grtz

·
Registered
129 Posts
Whoops! I was completely wrong there! Must have missed that last sentence saying it was adoption day tomorrow :)
He looks so sweet, I'm sure someone will fall in love with that little cutie pie immediately!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Congratulations. He is a cutie and I'm sure he will find a forever home quickly. That chain in the picture caught my eye too. I sure hope it was not used to tie out the dogs. I don't think I could lift that thing.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
The poor things. I'll never understand why someone would want a dog (or two) if all they do is keep it outside or away from them???? They should get an alarm system instead.
I hope these two get new loving homes soon. Thanks for fostering him. Fostermom, looking forward to see pics of your new foster too.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, I noticed that big chain too. I hope they didn't ever try to use it to chain up the dogs.
After I get him tonight I'm going to take him home and give him a bath as I'm sure hes dirty. Get him all pretty and put a WVU bandana around his neck and hope someone falls in love with him at the adoption day! Really hoping my dogs like him since he's much bigger than the other puppies I've fostered. And of course that he likes cats is a must to be in my house, but at 4 months old I don't see that being a huge problem that a few corrections won't cure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts