Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone elses dog do forward rolls? Molly sticks her head down on the ground, bum up in the air and slowly rolls pretty much head over heels. She's done this since very little. Just wondering if it's a thing unique to her or is it a common quirk.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Oh My Goodness sounds cute! Put it on cue!!!!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
:worthless...............Now that, I'd LOVE to see!!!!

·
& Sawyer's & Quinn's too!
2,740 Posts
Every once in a while, Sawyer would do that when he was little, playing with Sophie. Now that he's bigger, he hasn't in a while! I had forgotten about that! Thanks for reminding me and the smile!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Flora does this alllll the time. Whenever we're playing and I go to scratch her neck or pet her head she tucks herself in and flops over onto the ground. I get so worried she's going to hurt herself because she lands hard, but she seems to enjoy doing it!

Sometimes she'll stop half-way and just sit there with her hind end stuck up in the air. It's so goofy.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Every morning Fiona sticks her head on the carpet with her bum up in the air and goes back and forth along the length of the couch and my bed. Silly girl. Don't think it is the same thing you speak of but it brightens my every morning.

How about what I call the sliding into home base roll? Fiona has not done this yet, but both Deardra and Tucker would run flat out, tilt to one side, slide along the grass for 10 feet and roll on their backs in pure joy.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Every morning Fiona sticks her head on the carpet with her bum up in the air and goes back and forth along the length of the couch and my bed. Silly girl. Don't think it is the same thing you speak of but it brightens my every morning.

How about what I call the sliding into home base roll? Fiona has not done this yet, but both Deardra and Tucker would run flat out, tilt to one side, slide along the grass for 10 feet and roll on their backs in pure joy.
Does Fiona do that after she eats? Erin would run her head back and forth on the couch or do just what you said up at the cabin where we have wall to wall carpet. We always called it "brushing her teeth". Actually I think she was wiping her mouth, it was funny either way:p:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yep, Hector does this. It's usually a by product of him itching his nozzle (nose x muzzle) on the rug with bum in the air and getting into the itch a little too much!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Does Fiona do that after she eats?
No, it is my morning "so happy to see you, get out of bed and feed me dad" type thing :p: Along with bringing me slobber soaked stuffies and the tug of war that ensues.:D It works very well, I can't get any more shuteye with my arm covered with Fiona spit :bowl:

Tucker was a real joy in the morning also. I am not a morning person, they are better than coffee to get me up to greet the new day!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Does Fiona do that after she eats? Erin would run her head back and forth on the couch or do just what you said up at the cabin where we have wall to wall carpet. We always called it "brushing her teeth". Actually I think she was wiping her mouth, it was funny either way:p:
Chance does this every time after he eats. :) Lucy does it when she first wakes up in the morning and sees me. :p:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They all sound so goofy, we'll have to try and get our goldens on video or photo and all add them to this thread :) Molly does what sounds similar to Flora and sometimes doesn't get into the roll but just sits there with her bottom stuck up in the air and head tucked under, it's so funny to watch. She doesn't seem to roll over hard though as she does it so slowly it's like watching in slow motion. She usually does it first thing when I go downstairs in the morning and also when she's playing with her toys.

·
Remy's Mom!
1,797 Posts
Yep, Remy does it too. I used to somersault like that when I was a kid and I actually tried it recently after seeing him do it all the time. It's not as fun when you're older than 5. More scary... and painful :p

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not easy trying to get this on camera! My daughter kindly helped out and managed to get this clip. Not one of her best rolls but you get the idea of what she does. This time she was doing it over my lap but often she'll do it by herself whilst playing with her toys.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
soooo cute....and would be so easy to capture with a clicker especially since she does often at certain times of the day when she plays!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts