Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Claire
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we came to my in laws for the afternoon, planned to go home for dinner sobwe didn't bring Phoebe's food. Honestly the first time we have not had her food with us.
Anyways, she is on wellness large breed puppy. The first couple ingredients are deboned chicken, and um some fish meal.
My in laws have a jack russell and they feed him adult wellness. Sometimes lamb and sometimes chicken. They don't know which one it is this time. The roads are too bad to drive home or any where. Should we feed her less of the adult just in case it does upset her stomach?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Feed her the same food as your parent's dog. Look at their recommended serving for her weight.

My puppy who will be 4 months old on Tuesday has been on adult (ALS) food for a month already. Many breeders never feed puppy food and some who do will tell you to be off of puppy food by the time the pup is 4 months old. At 4 months old my guy will be fed twice a day.

·
Registered
926 Posts
There are different school's of thought I guess but I have never heard for 2 years.
My 4.5 year old Golden was never on puppy food.
Almost all breeders that I know (and talked to before I decided to get a puppy from the litter I got the puppy from) weaned the puppies onto adult food. My breeder used Solid Gold Puppy and said to move to adult by 4 months. It does slow down growth and slow growth is recommended for the breed.

When you have the time read Rhonda Hovan's Slow Growth Plan:

slowgrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts