Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is one of the best pictures that I have seen in a long time. It is just so touching and shows so much meaning. I LOVE IT!!!!!!

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
Stunning shot - I just absolutely love it

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
:) That's Pretty Cool! :)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Fantastic picture!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very cool - what effects did you use? B&W and increased brightness?
Thank you all so much.
MurphyTeller, my daughter and I were walking the dogs when she noticed how perfectly formed her paw prints were in the snow, which was odd because the prints of the dog I was walking did not really show, I guess her hot little feet just melted to the road. For processing I increased exposure, converted to b/w and I then used an action a photographer friend gave me which consists of:
unsharp mask set at:
amount..20%
radius..50 pixels
threshold..0
That helped to make the footprints stand out a little more.

When I suddenly lost my 8yr old male to cancer last June my heart was so broken and I saw a picture on another forum of a dog trotting away, but you couldn't really see where he was going, and it really touched my heart because it just made me think of my boy leaving me, and though it was sad it was also a nice peaceful feeling too. This picture gave me the same feeling, just a reminder of the little paw prints they leave behind on our hearts. I was hoping others could see in this photo too.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
That is an outstanding photo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts