Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change my Golden's food. Has anyone heard of Life's Abudance? I also heard Solid Gold, Wellness and Merrick are good. They vet told me to use Royal Canin but I think we want to change.
He is 16 weeks now.

Thank you,
Debra S

·
Chloe's Mom
168 Posts
Royal Canin is a no no! Chloe was on that and was not good. She is on FROMM duck and sweet potato and LOVES it.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
We have ours on Taste of the Wild Sierra Mt (Lamb) and they are doing really well. When they don't have it, we get the TOTW Pacific stream.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm slowly changing my lil nasty at 17 weeks from Eucanuba LBP over to Wellness Super Mix Puppy but I've had to take my time. I'm up to about a 50/50 mix after two weeks and his stools are starting to firm up but I'm still on the fence with it..he has some nasty smelling gas so I'm going to give it another week and see?? If it doesn't stop..well, out the window with that..lol
I've been eyeballing Life Abundance and has a good review here:)Life's Abundance Dry Dog Food | Review and Rating

This is a great site too, hope this helps :)

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
I've been liking the new Solid Gold SunCatcher for my older dogs, and my younger ones eat TOTW with lots of fresh food too.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I am just curious as to why you are changing foods. If he is doing well on the current food, why change?

·
Hi I'm Carolin
67 Posts
This is a great site that analyzes different foods and rates them. I think it is very helpful when comparing different types (raw versus kibble, etc.) as well as different brands. Dog Food Reviews | Dog Food Ratings

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've noticed my pups coat seems a little dry along with scratching occasionally, so I'm trying Wellness Super Mix puppy and I do notice a difference in his coat with less scratching, except the gas part:O Sleeping with the window open at 38 degrees isn't in the long term plans. lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
Whatever you decide, go slowly. Really slowly. Start with maybe 1/4 of the new food and the rest your current food for a couple of days. If he does OK then maybe move to half and half for a couple days and so on. If he starts having problems with loose poops either stay where you are at until it clears up or step back to less of the new food.

We currently are feeding Fromm's Large Breed Puppy and love it. We'll stick with Fromm's when he gets older.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I feed Wellness mixed with a little Merrick can. I switched years ago when one of my goldens became allergic to corn and wheat. I have really liked Wellness and Merrick products with no complaints. When I got Lily from her breeder at 14 wks they were feeding Eukanuba LBP and I swithed to Wellness LBP with no problems.(Of course a gradual switch). Good luck!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts