Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Food Troubles

979 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ekinde 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Two weeks ago our Chupie had some shots and he was even given some medicine to prevent a reaction. He did awesome that day and ate normally. However, the next day he refused to eat, and he was very restless and even had an accident in his Villa (crate) because he was so anxious. We called the vet and he said that it sounded just like a reaction to his vaccinations. Within a couple days he was back to normal except with his food.

He had been eating Taste of the Wild and was loving it! However ever since he had that reaction he doesn't really eat it at all. I started mixing some puppy chow with his food (that's what he got at the breeder) since he wouldn't eat the other alone and he'd eat all the puppy chow but ignore the TOTW.

I'm glad he's eating well but I want to make sure he eats what's best for him. I now have a 15 lb bag of TOTW that he's not eating at all, but I'm not sure I want to keep feeding him Puppy Chow since I know it's not the best nutrition for him.

I would appreciate any help or even recommendations of what to try

#3 ·
Perhaps try to add a little warmish water and a tablespoon of low sodium chicken broth to his TOTW to entice him a bit before thinking about switching food.

Have you had a big temperature change in the last two weeks ? Do you give him a set amount of time to eat and then remove the dish ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.