Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is almost 14 months now and almost at the end of his Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy food bag. I am wondering if I should make the move to the adult food now (Royal canin adult GR) , for reference he is 63 pounds and incredibly slim and active so the calories/overgrowth is not an issue. I am aware of the transition process and saw older posts about an earlier transition, but wanted to know if there was any new information on the topic and if there's any negatives to keeping him on the puppy food. Pic attached of sweet Roey :).

·
Super Moderator
1,221 Posts
it won't be an issue, many people actually transition off puppy kibbles earlier. I switched my boy to adult kibble at 4.5 months.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My girl is 6.5 months and I just ordered another bag of puppy food. She seems to take about 2.5 months or so to get through a bag. Our next order will be her last and we will order purina pro plan twords the middle of that bag making her about 10-11 months when she switches.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My puppy is almost 14 months now and almost at the end of his Royal Canin Golden Retriever Puppy food bag. I am wondering if I should make the move to the adult food now (Royal canin adult GR) , for reference he is 63 pounds and incredibly slim and active so the calories/overgrowth is not an issue. I am aware of the transition process and saw older posts about an earlier transition, but wanted to know if there was any new information on the topic and if there's any negatives to keeping him on the puppy food. Pic attached of sweet Roey :).
View attachment 875245
I don't know the answer but Vločka just turned 1 which is general when they reach their adult height. However, they reach their adult weight around 18-24 months. I'm keeping Vločka on puppy food until at least 18 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts