Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cooper is trying to fool me! Every night before I go to bed I let him out for the toilet. Then he runs in barking, gets his treat and goes to bed. For the past couple of nights now, Cooper has started going over to the grass, sitting down for a minute pretending to pee then running in for his treat. So I send him back out and then he does a pee. It does not sound funny, but it is hilarious to watch.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Kia did something similar. She was running away from us, so we called her to come and when she did, we rewarded her by giving her a treat.
Next to happen, was her running away from us, again and again, then stopping and looking back, her face asking something like "come on, why don't you call me back ?!?" :)
They're smart.
Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
I totally agree, when my 11 month old goes to visit my gran, she runs in through the house, ignores everyone and sits perfectly still, staring up at the refrigerator and doesn't make a sound until she gets her treat,this happens every time we visit, she is so spoiled.....and she knows it!... these are very clever dogs indeed!!!!
GoldenAussie said:
When it comes to food.......Goldens have a single track mind!! LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Austin does a similar routine: if we are going for a ride in the truck(which he loves!) we tell him to pee first- he runs to the back to "his spot" and squats to pee- but a lot of the times he just squats for my benefit so that he can go into the truck without even a trickle!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.