Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So we just had to put our golden down because of terminal cancer. He was only 8. Our hearts are completely broken. He was our best friend, loyal to the end. When it comes the time, we want to get another golden. Couldn’t imagine getting another breed of dog. Anyone recommend breeders in Florida that will have puppies come July, august or September?

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I second Prism as one of the best in the country. When I am ready for a second Golden I will be begging her to let me have one of hers. Breeders are being overwhelmed right now with people wanting puppies while they are staying home. Halia Goldens is another breeder in Florida who gets all health clearances plus lots of other good things in her program.

·
Super Moderator
2,702 Posts
Hi. So we just had to put our golden down because of terminal cancer. He was only 8. Our hearts are completely broken. He was our best friend, loyal to the end. When it comes the time, we want to get another golden. Couldn’t imagine getting another breed of dog. Anyone recommend breeders in Florida that will have puppies come July, august or September?
So very sorry ro hear about your loss...

·
Maegan
555 Posts
Two other Golden breeders in Florida that I know by reputation and have seen their dogs at shows are Leongolden and Goldrox. I would highly recommend looking into them. I know Leongolden just sent a litter home, so they may not have puppies anytime soon, but still worth checking out. And I have a huge crush on a Goldrox dog named Arson. As far as I know, they both do all of the recommended health testing and follow the Golden Retriever Club of America Code of Ethics.

·
Kristy
9,389 Posts
I'm sorry for your hearbreak. Losing a special dog is always hard but losing a dog way too early is especially brutal. If you haven't been able to connect with Prism, here is a thread with some suggestions of people to reach out to. A good breeder is worth the drive, so you might check Georgia as well. I hope your puppy search helps your heart heal.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my Luke this past August to cancer about two months after he turned nine. It’s so heartbreaking. It bothered me even more because I felt like his life was cut way too short.

I now have a six month old Golden, Logan, who I bought from Robin/Prism Goldens. I drove from South Carolina to get him. I can’t begin to describe how wonderful and smart this sweet boy is. He’s so well adjusted and full of life. Robin is great and I’m so glad I found her. She’s very informative and without a doubt breeding exceptional Goldens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts