Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We may be heading south in a week or two for a bit of camping and hiking and touring. We'd like to introduce Ben to the ocean, if possible, and will be camping in state park campgrounds for the most part. Any places you'd recommend that are especially dog friendly or that you know are not? This is the first long trip we've taken with a dog, and I'm hoping it will be relatively easy to find places where we can go with Ben.

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you're going to the gulf coast of FL, Pensacola & on down the coast does not allow dogs on the beach. You will be ticketed! I know, some think it's not fair, but growing up there on the true sugar white beaches, I can understand they just don't want them yellow. (much less black from BP but that's another story!)

I'm not sure on the east coast near St. Augustine, etc. what the laws are there.

have fun!!!!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elly - thank you for the link to dogfriendly.com It's a great resource for all sorts of travel. Loved the articles on taking the Alaska ferries, since that's something I'd like to do.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
The Sarasota area is extremely dog friendly. I took Flora to Lido Key (in the Sarasota region) once to visit my parents and we got to take her out on the beach, out to restaurants with us, etc. It was wonderful.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Elly - thank you for the link to dogfriendly.com It's a great resource for all sorts of travel. Loved the articles on taking the Alaska ferries, since that's something I'd like to do.

Youre welcome...just be sure to have a fabulous time! I am so very jealous!! I hope we are coming to Florida sometime this year but of course, without Chester, we didnt get to USA last year because of my surgery and I have really missed it! Look forward to pictures on the forum of your trip!

·
Kristy
9,814 Posts
I'm so jealous! Nothing quite like a beach day with a golden... and this is the perfect time of year. Not sure if you've ever gone with one before... don't let him drink too much salt water, it will make him a very sick pup (I learned this one the hard way ;) always want to spare others...)

You realize, or course, that we will expect photos and a complete run down after your trip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts