Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To help you put doggie faces with a new human. Pictures, pictures... how to choose which ones to select to share several years of life. Well, here is what I came up with. I hope it is not too much.

Flem arrived in June 2004 when Spip was two. My husband and I were thrilled; Spip was not that convinced at first.

Sitting pretty (kinda) as a pup.

I wuw to help with gardening.

Starting to play together... the palm tree survives to this day.

Intrepid Flem... the start of bitey-face. Still going strong.

Three years later: birthday present.

We are soo good together, sunbathing in the yard.

But when we play, we loose our heads a bit.

December 2007 - Flem is 3 1/2 years old.

Thanks for looking.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
a very handsome pair....they look like good buddies...

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the compliments.

Ooops, I forgot to mention that they are both girls. They did bond together but it took more time than we had thought. Spip was not at the best of her form when Flem arrived and was used to be an only dog, Flem got sick a week after getting here (not related to Spip's problem) and had to spend a lot of time resting, I got a little anxious seeing their size differences and supervised all interactions a little nervously but...things got better within a couple of weeks. By now, they are best buds indeed.

To tell the truth, when we thought about getting a Golden, we really had in mind coloring way lighter, very similar to Spip's but with longer hair. Well, we ended up with a very red girl and it did not make a bit of difference in how thrilled we were to have her join our family. My husband has said several times that she reminds him of the Irish Setters of his chilhood, so much the better.

Their names....

Spip's come from a comic strip I read when I was a little girl. It is the name of an inquisitive, problem-causing and solving squirrell in that strip.

Flem's comes from observing Spip. After a regular (not quite hair raising but still..) puppyhood, one of Spip's favorite activities became to take good sunbathing naps. Louisiana weather is conducive to big old naps when the heat and humidity rise. Moreover, in French, "flemme" means laziness so we thought it could be a good name for our next doggie. Ooops again, we ended up with a very active little Golden. On the other hand, part of Flem's registered name is "Charivari" which means havoc and she has created some.

Sorry for the length. It seems I cannot write briefly.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Thats ok about the length about your pups. They are both beautiful girls and looks like they are great buddies. Love the unique names.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts