Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I won't be giving my pup Trifexis after all. Yes, its a combo of interceptor and comfortis but I read lots of negative (deadly, scary reactions from comfortis).

Just curious which brands have been around the longest and that you recommend? I may not give the fleas year round since it gets pretty cold in the winter.:wavey:

·
Kate
23,772 Posts
Our collie is on Advantage Multi. If I were concerned about fleas, I would probably have my golden on the same thing.

And I would buy it at the vet. We bought a package of Advantage (without heartworm meds) over the counter and it seemed to have a stronger reaction from the collie when we put it on him. It also left more of a greasy residue on his coat than what we've been getting for him from the vet.

Our goldens have been on Sentinel for the past 15 years or so. Sentinel does NOT prevent fleas from chewing on your dog and it does nothing about ticks. <- We haven't had a problem with either, and it's just been the past couple years that we've started seeing more ticks around here. I think it's due to the weather patterns we've been having?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.