Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Congratulations! I have always admired Flat Coats since I saw one at my son's baseball game. They are a more sleek build than a golden and temperament is a little different too. I did a little research and found out that the Flat Coats are a little more family centered and less socially centered than our Happy to love anyone Golden's....other than that, I couldn't find much else different. I like both names, Seraphin and Phoebe. You have a beautiful little girl there.

·
Summer and Phoebe's mommy
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Paula. Seraphin is cool, but the kids were adamant they'd pick a name. Can't argue with that. I named Summer way before we even got her and they were so excited when they thought they'd get a chance. She seems to have taken to her new name too. She's going to be a beautiful girl. Her mom was there and we saw her and she is gorgeous. I saw a pic of her dad and he was very handsome. I'm very lucky, they're both going to be stunning girls.

·
Mom to Geddy and Sawyer!!
6,059 Posts
Awwww they are both really gorgeous girls!!! And they are gonna be the best of friends!! Bet Summer is happy to have a canine friend to play with!!

·
Scouts Mom
844 Posts
I saw a fc at an AKC show that I went to recently and fell in love with them. They do look much like the golden although they have a leaner and more long legged build, which I really like. She is a real beauty and I love her name! Congrats!

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I too like Flat Coats. The obedience trainer at my agility training facility has them. They are nice dogs. Your pup is adorable. Congratulations.

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
She's so cute - they make a great pair! :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I got some good pics of her while they were both sleeping earlier. Excuse the carpet, we only moved in 3 months ago, the day Phoebe was born actually and we haven't got to re-decorating the lounge yet :rolleyes:

Look at that fat belly :heartbeat

And close up of Phoebe's face

And Summers face, not much difference, till you look head on at them

Summer has however taken to barking at Phoebe. She never barked before, just a couple of times when she saw our neighbours cat or when she was really excited and then she didn't know where it came from. But now she's barking all the time at Phoebe. I suppose to get her attention. Phoebe still hasn't made a sound.
Oh, how cute!:) You're really making me miss Nellie as a puppy;):)

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks all. They've settled really well together and are attached almost all the time.

But boy, can Phoebe fart!! She can clear a room and not even wake up LOL. Kids are enjoying her loads, they break up for summer holidays on Wednesday, so the pups will be bushed from all the playing soon.

Have you got any pics of Nellie as a pup, Nellies mom?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Thanks all. They've settled really well together and are attached almost all the time.

But boy, can Phoebe fart!! She can clear a room and not even wake up LOL. Kids are enjoying her loads, they break up for summer holidays on Wednesday, so the pups will be bushed from all the playing soon.

Have you got any pics of Nellie as a pup, Nellies mom?
I do but none are digital ( I didn't have my camera back then) and I don't have a scanner:( There is this one that picture that I took of a regular photo with my digital camera. Not the best quality

I actually think Pheobe looks more like a miniature grown up Nellie!:D
:)

·
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Aaaw, Nellie was and still is super cute. I love her fluffy tail in the second pic.

Cam's mom

Her belly was fat in that pic because she'd just had dinner, that's why she fell asleep so nicely. Full belly, tired girl. The farting in generally when she's asleep. Not all the time, but she really lets them go. Summer does too. Come to think of it, they're almost as bad as my kids!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts