Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone experienced this with their dogs? My dog has skin disease and has eye irritation. I got him tested for Canine Distemper/Hard Pad disease but it turnoed out negative. Please help :(

·
Registered
13,732 Posts
I don't have any experience with this, but I would probably try something like Mushers Secret along with adding coconut oil or other high quality oil to the diet if your dermatologist agrees.

More slaves can be looked at googling
Salves for hard dry paw pads dog

With known skin & pad issues, I would advise checking with your vet, hopefully a canine dermatologist as well.

Good luck..btw, his thyroid panel is well within all normal parameters?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I haven’t seen anything like this, but my field Golden does occasionally get a rough spot on one pad. I use Pet Head oatmeal coconut oil cream. You can buy it on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have this with my 10 year old lab. My vet said it is a form of split pad paw disease. Poor guy, I can't take him anywhere outside without his paws splitting and bleeding and a lot of times getting an infection that I have to treat. We have tried all types of salves and ointments. We have mitigated this by only taking him outside on soft surfaces like grass and trails. He is never on hard or road surfaces and he can't tolerate snow either. Our boy has allergies also though those have lessened over the years.
Jules

1 - 5 of 5 Posts