Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through old threads thinking someone has had this issue but I haven't found anything so here it goes-

I live in a rental house and yesterday my boyfriend decided to close his doggie in the spare bedroom. I have no clue why he decided to do this and neither does he but what's done is done. Daisy decided while we were gone (I'm gone from 530am-430pm and he left around 11am and got back the same time as I did) that she was going to try and dig out of the room. Now I have a hole down to the padding a little larger than the size of a dollar bill. It's right at the edge of the door and about 4 inches from a tiled hallway. Is there any way to repair this? I haven't found any extra carpet in the house. Will a repair person be able to just fix that spot or will we have to recarpet the whole room? I'm feeling sort of sick about it because it's a nice new house and I always keep my house really nice and I've never damaged a rental :no:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
If the carpet is still available, a carpet installer will be able to fix that. Don't feel bad, it was an accident and you are going to get it fixed :)

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Should be able to patch it...start looking for carpet installers that specialize in repairs.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a friend whose lab did the same thing in their rental apartment. They were able to take a small patch of carpet from the back of a closet (where it wouldn't be noticeable) to use as the replacement to make sure it matched, and then used a close match to patch the back of the closet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts