Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time dog dad here with our Goldy, he's about 5 months old and his name is Sawyer. I don't have a picture of him, but as you can all attest, these dogs are cute as heck, so that accounts for him too. :)

I'm interested in everything here, it looks like a wealth of information, but specifically I'll be looking at training resources. We never took him to puppy classes, and he's a good dog, but still has a few kinks to work out (still pees on carpet every now and then, and loves to hump every dog). He loves belly rubs, to the point where I think he's obsessed with them, and is a demolisher of toys (he parades their corpses throughout our house).

Glad to be here!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome Goldy's Dad and welcome Sawyer. 5 months, that sure is a fun age! Are you getting a good night's sleep yet? Ahh the belly rubs. If you walk within a meter of Buddy he stops whatever he's doing and flops on his side "just in case".

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,780 Posts
Welcome, glad you've joined us.

Sawyer sounds like a great young golden boy, hope you'll share pictures with us.

There's a lot of very good info here, you can use the Search feature to look for specific topics. Threads will come up you can read through.

Feel free to ask questions, there are many very knowledgeable and experienced members who are happy to help.

Enjoy the forum.

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
Welcome! I look forward to seeing photos of Sawyer when you have a moment!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts