Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is Cosmo's first try at Nose Work. I have to work at his indication but that will only take a few tries. Can someone point me towards the next step in nosework? Should I change location, add distraction or incorporate other scents first?

The cat even gave it a try.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Awesome Cosmo!

Reactions: jackie_hubert

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
What was in the box? Do you have him smell something and then hide it? Is that how this works? But he sure did seem to find whatever you hide. In no time he will be finding lost children or whatever.

·
& Golden Roxy And Roo To
2,023 Posts
Good job! Jackie have you watched the videos on Utube about nose work? Some good ideas there.... I have no doubt Cosmo will be great at that!!

Reactions: jackie_hubert

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was in the box? Do you have him smell something and then hide it? Is that how this works? But he sure did seem to find whatever you hide. In no time he will be finding lost children or whatever.
You can start by just hiding a small treat inside - in this case some liver. Cosmo knows how to scent discriminate so I gave him a liver treat to smell and then told him to search the boxes. I will try to put something else in the boxes tonight.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good job! Jackie have you watched the videos on Utube about nose work? Some good ideas there.... I have no doubt Cosmo will be great at that!!
I have bee searching on YouTube for a video of an actual trial/test but cant find it. I also can't find anything on advanced nosework.

I know there is a car search so tonight I'm also gonna head down to the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts