Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Thanks for the update. Love the sign. I am glad he is on the road of recovery.

·
Mulligan & Samantha's Mom
1,263 Posts
I'm so glad he's doing well. Samantha slipped a few days after her TPLO on the tile... very scary isn't it? He looks great and I love the sign. Let me know when he's taking to the corner and I'll send Samantha your way to collect some money for us as well! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got through week one with the TPLO surgery. Phew.... Odis thinks he is all good, and is very frustrated with us! He got out of his living room dungeon and found me upstairs:doh: I heard him coming up and before I could get to the stairs he was at the top wagging his tail saying "Hi Dad!" His first check up is next Tues. so I hope he isn't overworking himself. Now for week two...

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Got through week one with the TPLO surgery. Phew.... Odis thinks he is all good, and is very frustrated with us! He got out of his living room dungeon and found me upstairs:doh: I heard him coming up and before I could get to the stairs he was at the top wagging his tail saying "Hi Dad!" His first check up is next Tues. so I hope he isn't overworking himself. Now for week two...
I wish they would listen to, hope it just happened once. Good luck on Tuesday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Odis's TPLO Update

Went to the doctor for his first check up on the 18th and he seemed very pleased with his healing, how he is walking/hobbling. The bruising is all gone and he uses his paw more and more. He is OK'd for 5 min. walks this week so I am looking forward to getting him out of the house for longer than a potty break. We went to the beach over the weekend and felt really bad keeping him locked up, he didn't even get a grain of sand between the toes. :no:
Here is a old picture from a beach trip, always makes me laugh, and reminded me he will be able to run at the beach soon enough. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well, going into week 7 of Odis's tplo surgery. Had his latest checkup/x-ray last wednesday and his bone is fusing properly and he is progressing as schedualed. :D Took him to the beach this weekend for a night, and when his paws hit the sand he was the happiest pup I've seen in a long time. It's funny, the doctor pointed out how pigeon toed Odis was, so now he corrected his one leg with the tplo and straitened it out, and now his other leg looks pretty funny:doh: Oh well! Just to see him smile at the beach makes the surgery all worth it! :D

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Thanks for the update. I am glad your boy is doing so well with his recovery. It means more fun to come soon.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts