Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We are from the UK and live in Derbyshire .Carla is the first dog we have ever owned .My husband and I never had dogs as children so we had very little dog knowledge or experience .
My husband and daughter ( age 13 ) have wanted a dog for years but I was the one who held back.
I did alot of research , we travelled miles looking at dogs and puppies .
We eventually were put in touch with a Golden breeder only half an hours drive from us .She was very reluctant at first to let us have one of her babies as we had never had a dog before . After checking us out she agreed we could have the last little girl in the litter who wasn't chosen .I now believe the saying " the best is left for last ".
Our breeder who breeds Gunhills Goldens has been fantastic ,she is so knowledgable and supportive.
Since having Carla our lives have changed :) she is wonderfull and makes my heart sing .

·
Abbie and Saffy's Daddy
387 Posts
Hi carlasmum,

First off thanks for your kind comments about Abbie - Carla looks absolutely stunning too.

I've never had a dog before (well not since I was 3) but my partner, Paula, has had many - so this is all very new to me as well! I have to say though that Paula knows exactly what she's doing and that helps hugely. Abbie will sit, lie down, roll over, speak (one woof), balance on just hind legs to say please already and that came together at just 10 weeks ... and she will stay in whatever position for a reasonable time too! She does this for Paula for no treats, but when I do it, she somehow manages to get one ... or two ... or three ... well she's kind of got this LOOK, right? :)

We live in Belper and so we have the hills that currently wear Abbie out ... but I fear not for long!

Lovely story about how you got Carla ... I'm sure you must be as thrilled with her as we are with Abbie.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Hi and welcome. Carla is a beauty, how old is she now? I love your signature picture.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
There is nothing quite like the love of a dog, for the human or the dog. It's a relationship that you can't duplicate with any other pet. They ar their own unique personalities, and Goldens of course, are the best of them as you can tell with Carla.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Hi & Welcome. So glad you decided to get a dog, and especially glad that you got a golden :) They are great dogs, aren't they? I couldn't imagine a house without a dog.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome,
That is a really sweet story about your Carla. She sounds like she found the home she was meant to have. Goldens bring such love and joy to our lives and to me are the best dogs. Nice to have you both here and hope you will share lots of pictures of her with us.

·
3 goldens
11,662 Posts
A beautiful girl, your Carla. Welcome from the Texas coast. I am Sandra, "Mum" to KayCee age 8 1/2 and our adopted golden mix, Honey who is 6. Our girls are spoiled--just so easy to spoil these loving dogs.

·
est.1989
4,374 Posts
Hi and welcome ...I have admired your siggy pic ...even looking into online scrapbooking!!! LOL Gunhill's has some lovely dogs, Carla is very pretty ...looking forward to more pics!!!

·
3 goldens
11,662 Posts
She is really beautiful.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
How lucky to have your first dog experience be with a golden! You've had the best now - it'll be impossible to ever have another kind (more than one breed being the exception, so long as one is a golden!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts