Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,988 Posts
When is this litter due? The bitch is too young to be bred, she’s not 2 yet, and thus doesn’t have the appropriate health clearances

edit: I also want to add that the breeder of the stud dog is a very popular breeder down here and also the president of the Everglades Golden Retriever Club if I’m not wrong.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Scarlett has only a hip and a heart clearance. Hips and elbows are typically done at the same time, so she most likely failed elbows and has some degree of elbow dysplasia if hips are there and not elbows. EDIT: Another dogs OFA page was linked instead of hers on K9Data....she is too young to be bred. Additionally the incorrect reg number has been input on K9Data....this is all very odd.

The sire has all of the necessary OFA clearances, but no genetic tests to verify.

If Dam doesn't have clearances, like it appears, I am a little confused by this pairing, and personally would not feel comfortable with this litter. Breeder/owner of dam isn't listed either...

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
I took her hip off k9data.It's not hers.
If it goes back up that is a deliberate attempt to deceive and Lesley will lock it.
I would run, run, run.... and I find it really offensive that they would cover a bitch who has no clearances. Hmm. Thinking I may just have to bring this someone's attention @ Everglades.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When is this litter due? The bitch is too young to be bred, she’s not 2 yet, and thus doesn’t have the appropriate health clearances

edit: I also want to add that the breeder of the stud dog is a very popular breeder down here and also the president of the Everglades Golden Retriever Club if I’m not wrong.
My mistake, copied the incorrect pedigree for the Dam. Please see above for the correct hyperlink. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Golden retrievers require a cardiologist clearance. So you'll notice on her page it says "Practitioner" for cardiac. The reason for this is that golden retrievers are prone to certain cardiac diseases that can be pretty devastating. A practitioner could be a pet vet just listening to the heart and determining that it sounds good, while a cardiologist is specifically trained to listen for abnormalities that a regular pet vet may miss.

"Hearts – a report from a Diplomat of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology), at 12 months of age or older. Report should be recorded in an approved online database as described above."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Golden retrievers require a cardiologist clearance. So you'll notice on her page it says "Practitioner" for cardiac. The reason for this is that golden retrievers are prone to certain cardiac diseases that can be pretty devastating. A practitioner could be a pet vet just listening to the heart and determining that it sounds good, while a cardiologist is specifically trained to listen for abnormalities that a regular pet vet may miss.

"Hearts – a report from a Diplomat of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology), at 12 months of age or older. Report should be recorded in an approved online database as described above."
Thank you for pointing that out. We’re just trying to do our homework before making a decision. Health is definitely an important consideration, especially when it comes to the dog’s quality of life and longevity.

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
Removing all the links kinda leaves those of us interested in this hanging.
Who is the REAL bitch who has been bred? Someone?
And OP- a cardiologist clearance is the only acceptable auscultation for a Golden.

·
Super Moderator
1,988 Posts
Removing all the links kinda leaves those of us interested in this hanging.
Who is the REAL bitch who has been bred? Someone?
And OP- a cardiologist clearance is the only acceptable auscultation for a Golden.
I didn’t realize they deleted everything. Bianca Jurel-Argentina was the bitch they originally meant to post.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts