Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Adrienne, I am a new(ish) golden retriever owner. My husband has had them since he was a baby. Her name is Kota, she is 14 months old. She was a runt with a lot of sickness when we got her. She had giardia, worms, was very underweight and lethargic, and had ear mites. We got her all fixed up, and though she is still small (45 lbs soaking wet) she is such a joy to have around the house. I love all dogs and cats (we have a black cat who Kota loves!) but I realize now why my husband INSISTED we get a golden retriever. Everyone she meets she loves, including other animals! We plan on breeding her once, and then we will spay her, but hopefully we will keep one of her pups! She is a great dog!!

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Welcome to the forum...we do require pictures;) if you have some time we'd love to see some pictures of Kota.

We all love our goldens for many of the same reasons you've fallen in love with Kota. And my bet would be many of us here had the same idea of how wonderful it would be to have one of their pups. However I think once you look into it and go through all the information you'll find that it's far better for the breed and yourself to let the professional breeders handle the breeding.

Don't forget about the pictures...;)

Pete

·
Dad to Bogey and Reese
1,119 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the love we all share for these dogs.

I've been where you are with my first 2 GR's (a boy and a girl). We had one liter of pups as uninformed back yard breeders. Looking back I now know I had no business breeding dogs without the proper pedigree and clearances.

There is a really good reason you will not find a rescue Golden that is not spay or nuetered and far more dogs then homes available.

Most here love thier pets like kids and want the best for them, but proper breeding is a whole different ball game completely.

Again welcome, and post some pictures. ;)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
They are sweet dogs.. I just had to get another even knowing all the physical problems they may have. They melt your heart. Welcome!!!:wave:

·
Registered
649 Posts
How old is your Kota? We got Liberty in May and she is also our first Golden. Both hubby and I have had dogs all of our lives, but never a Golden. You sure do fall in love with the breed! They are fun-loving goofballs who love everyone and everything! Welcome to the forum.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Welcome to the Group!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts