·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I forgot to mention that my foster is not a Golden! Goldens are adopted so fast in Maine...there is hardly any need for fostering them around here.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Oh he is adorable!!! What a cutie pie! That is so wonderful that you will be fostering him! I know you are excited! We may be getting our first foster soon, I am working with Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Rescue in WV and we are very excited as well!

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, good luck with your first foster! I wish I could foster a golden but there just isn't a need around here, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as there are dogs finding good homes and humans having their lives enriched by canine companionship. :)

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I agree, it doesn't matter what kind of dog, they are all deserving of a good home and someone to love them! We are in MD but not terribly far from WV and there is a great need for fosters for Goldens in WV. Most of her adopters come from MD, PA and VA, there just aren't a lot of people in WV adopting them. Sadly, a lot of them are just dumped on the side of the road there to fend for themselves. But fortunately Almost Heaven is there to take them in and find them a good home. We adopted our Dusty from there.

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, please keep me posted when you get your first foster. I'd love to know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is adorable

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
He is so cute!!! :)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Thank you so much for being a foster mom (and Kathi127, too). Fritze is a cutie and I love his facial markings.

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! I think he is a real cutie pie too. :) I do hope he finds his forever home soon (but not too soon...I'd like to enjoy him a little first!)

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: Fritzie was moved to the next transport, so he is not coming until 1/30 now. Oh, well, he will be here soon enough!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Fritzie

I am so sorry you have to wait until Jan. 30th for Fritzie!!

Can't wait until you get him!!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
January 30th

January 30th-only two more days!

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ugh, they moved him to the Feb. 6th transport now! One of these days I'll get to foster. Sheesh!

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think he is not a "high priority" dog because he is not in a kill shelter right now and not a lot of people in ME have expressed interest in adopting him, so they are prioritizing other dogs. Which is fine and completely understandable.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jupiter's Human

Jupiter's Human

So sorry you have to wait for your boy, again. You will get him!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts