Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of working with my puppy owners today. They have had Goldens in the past but this was their first field Golden. I have worked with Ripple and his owners maybe four times in the last two weeks. I love seeing their excitement as Ripple develops his field skills. And I am reliving the ownership and training of my first Golden.

I watched the owner bring Ripple out of the holding blind to the line. He got excited upon seeing the chair that I placed there, jumping and lunging. I had set up a WC type of double in moderate cover. I watched him lock in on the throwers. The double was thrown and Ripple took off. He returned to heel after each retrieve. We conditioned him to recognize that heel is where the work =fun starts. Ripple's attitude and work ethic put a smile on all our faces. And I felt the excitement that I first experienced over 35 years ago.

This was a terrific Sunday afternoon.

·
Kristy
9,158 Posts
I had the pleasure of working with my puppy owners today. ......And I am reliving the ownership and training of my first Golden......Ripple's attitude and work ethic put a smile on all our faces. And I felt the excitement that I first experienced over 35 years ago.

This was a terrific Sunday afternoon.
This makes my heart happy... what a win-win-win situation for all the people involved and especially for Ripple. You sound like the kind of person any of us would be lucky to get a puppy from. I hope you will consider updating this thread occasionally, Photos???????? - I love it :)

·
Registered
12,390 Posts
That does sound like a great afternoon. It's very fun to see a puppy do what he was bred to do - and learn how to do it well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts