Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night it poured here so the girls were inside. It was a challenge keeping them occupied with Angelina unable to chew hard stuff. I bought some natural, non-preservative, low-fat hotdogs, cooked them up and sliced them in small pieces. We play the game 'find' (anyone doing scenting knows these games...). I put the dogs in one room (gates come in handy), go around the house and hide pieces, let them smell the dogs on my hands and send them to 'find'. Man do they LOVE it!

What are some of the things you all do to keep your dogs occupied on those rainy days / evenings? (when they are not sleeping)?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Being in northern California I got some of that same rain!
I did some training with Bryley. He is really a pain when getting him into his seat belt harness, so I am working on desensitizing him (excitement X1000:greenboun when it comes out) and then I hope to get him to step into it on command.
They to really tire him out I got out the laser. Always a big hit and he is a puddle of goo after!

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
This is Jordan's first rain, she's not quite sure about it yet. Took three tries to get her to go pee.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
To Bentley RAIN=MUD. It takes everything I have to even get him inside. We had a few small rain events over the summer and he somehow managed to find mud everytime. This much rain just makes the hunt all the easier :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts