Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Kathy mom to Jasper
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been one of the worst years of my life. I have been sick for over a year. I've had two very large tumors removed. I had to surrender my dog Jessi last Feb because she nearly killed one of my other dogs for no reasons. My mom has had minor heart surgery. Then she found out that she had bladder cancer and had to have her bladder removed. I have a constand sharp pain in my belly button area that the doctors can't figure out what is causing it and have given up on what is causing it. But it wouldn't be that bad if only my little REGIS was around. It's been almost five months since I had to put my little angle to sleep. I'm really missing him right now. I can't even decorate for christmas because in the box of decorations there it a christmas ordiment that has a picture of my son and Regis on it. Sorry for venting.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Oh My, I'm so sorry that you're going through such a tough time. Please, feel free to Vent, you'll feel better. I wish I had some good advice for you. We all grieve differently. Last year was my first Christmas without Sam. It was hard, but I surrounded myself with his memory to feel close to him and it helped. I'm sorry you're having health issues. I hope the new year will bring answers and improved health for you and your mother. Consider this a Hug...I'll being saying prayers for you too. God Bless.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm so sorry for your pain. Although I don't know exactly what you're feeling, I know it's been a very hard Christmas season for me, too. I'll say a prayer for you and hope that this season brings a sense of peace to you.

·
Kathy mom to Jasper
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. I'm now trying to turn my mood around for the day I think I have felt sorry for myself long enough. I do know my problems are mild compared to others and I tell myself that everyday.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. I'm now trying to turn my mood around for the day I think I have felt sorry for myself long enough.
Good for you! That's the right attitude...It's been scientifically proven that making a smile, even though you don't want to, releases endorphins and makes you feel better! :D:wavey:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I say good for you too!! Some times even faking it works. You fake that it's not so bad and then you fake even yourself out. Thinking of you!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
One of my doctors told me if you keep smiling and acting like you feel better one day you will wake up and actually not have to fake it. I pray that you can find some comfort in your memories. Prayers also for you to find the problem with the pain and you and your mom will be ok.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am so sorry for all that you have been through. Venting is good for the soul, so let it all hang out. And go ahead and grieve. It's truly necessary for us to be able to through the rough times and enjoy the good. You have suffered many losses this past year and deserve some joy.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
One of my doctors told me if you keep smiling and acting like you feel better one day you will wake up and actually not have to fake it. I pray that you can find some comfort in your memories. Prayers also for you to find the problem with the pain and you and your mom will be ok.
I have an unknown joint disorder, and I've been told to keep smiling and acting like I feel better--honestly, it really does help! I won't lie, I'm still in pain at times, and my joints still dislocate, but, I am happier about it.

I just want you to know I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your loss, losing a furry friend is never easy--often times it is harder than losing a human friend! Just know that it is ok to vent, and we are all here for you!

·
Kathy mom to Jasper
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I finally decorated a little for christmas last night and I made it a point to pull out the decoration with my Regis angle on it. My bf thinks I'm a little strange because I put a dog treat by Regis's ashes and told him that was for him. It made me feel a little better. I know too that you have to push yourself sometime to put a smile on your face even if you have to fake it, and like some of you have said it does get better in time. I have been pushing myself day by day to do that. Yesterday It just hit me hard about what had happened in the last year and how the doc say that I have to live with my pain because they don't know what it is. I do tell myself that I am felling better and some days I do. I'm so waiting on 2009 and it being a great year. Thanks again for all your kind words

1 - 14 of 14 Posts