Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Cocasse for nearly 2 months now and decided that today was bath time. I didn't do it earlier because I wanted him to settle right in here first get over his hand shyness.
I knew it would take some work to get him into the tub so I used an older collar/leash that belonged to my beloved Max on him and it still took my son picking him up and putting him in the tub.
Bless his little timid/nervous heart because he took it like a champ and I was able to use the handheld shower head to rinse him off. Did not have a large towel in my hands when he got out and the bathroom is now soaking wet. A bit of zoomies after I towled dried him as best I could and then treats and combing. He is now laying down on the sofa all relaxed and watching Supernannny (for some reason he likes to watch little kids yelling and screaming). I am exhausted but so happy I got it done. I just can't believe how fluffy he looks now. :)

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
We need pictures!

Seriously, I know what you mean about a wet bathroom. Somehow Jamie does not get that he should stand still while I towel him off. As soon as he can get away from me he is running around shaking all over the place! Luckily I don't have to bathe him too often.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
Must be quite un undertaking, bathing a big dog like Cocasse! Tess is still small, but even bathing her is quite an experience!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I had a digital camera so that I could take pics of him and my girls.
I also brushed his teeth and cut off a small knot of fur behind one ear. Poor guy, every time I get up and come back into the livingroom he looks at me with one of those "what now" looks.
I wiped down the bathroom walls/tub and then it was time for mommy to take a shower. Next time I'll be sure to wear a bathing suit!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wish I had a digital camera so that I could take pics of him and my girls.
I also brushed his teeth and cut off a small knot of fur behind one ear. Poor guy, every time I get up and come back into the livingroom he looks at me with one of those "what now" looks.
I wiped down the bathroom walls/tub and then it was time for mommy to take a shower. Next time I'll be sure to wear a bathing suit!
That struck me so funny! LOL!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts