Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought we would head down to the ocean last night and see the moonrise. This is about the best I could do with a 7 year old 6MP camera. I wanted the zoom feature it has to step back to get this illusion. I admit it is adulterated for noise, vignette, etc but it is "real" as far as it goes for being there. Thought it cool for what it is.

But wait, there is more to the story. First thing I have to say is I am so proud of her once again. The steps leading down to the beach were open grate style. This was a scary thing as it looked to her she was stepping into air with a 20 foot drop. She crawled her way down and with two steps to go gave a leap.

It was busy with many people and a few dogs, we had quite a audience with all the onlookers up on the seawall. She was great with her sit stay as I walked 40' away or so to get pics with so many distractions. I half expected an applause, LOL. But swear I heard and Awww when she broke her stay once and came over to me.

But there was one unfortunate incident when a Rottweiler got loose and knocked her down and not in a friendly way. Surprised us both, never saw it coming. I got Fiona behind me and gave the dog a firm NO while giving off a silent vibe like a bear protecting it's cub. It stayed off till the owner got him, lucky me.

This is it still looking for a piece of her.

Post a few more misc ones, again pretty poor shots. Just look at them as art ;)

It was this big. LOL.

A solitary peaceful contemplation.

All in all a neat little adventure. She handled the misc fireworks going off no problem, one person complemented her on that. We walked back through town with all the restaurants with glowing LED palm trees and such. Met a few inebriated folks but she handled herself quite well. She sure got a lot of complements.

If you happened to get any moon pictures, please share.

·
Bella's Dad
1,833 Posts
Outstanding! Looks like you had a wonderfull evening.
I know last night was the supermoon of 2013 , being at it's closest point (largest in the sky) for this year.
Unfortunately we were all clouded over in our area.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike D

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Love your artwork Steve...makes me wish I was out at the lake with Woody and camera but I'm afraid this old guy isn't quite ready yet. That first one of Fiona is a wall hanger.

Pete & Woody

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,717 Posts
Your pictures are stunning, what a wonderful adventure you and Miss Fiona had.

She did fantastic too, sorry about the Rottie. Good job dad taking care of your girl.

It's been raining here, too much cloud cover, we didn't get see much of anything at all of this Super Moon.

·
Registered
21,103 Posts
I just love your photos. They always lift my mood, and make my day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts