Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are back from 2 weeks in the woods and had a wonderful time :) Her eyes grew big as saucers on the drive up north, seeing things she has never seen before. I have come to find out Fiona is a mountain climbing girl, my god she never skipped a beat for a girl turning 9 soon. She put me to shame.

We climbed Mt Cardigan NH, a perfect day.

The cameras 10 second timer came in handy for a pic of us.

The fire tower, unmanned except in high risk conditions.

Looking pretty in a puddle.

A strong little girl, she kicked my butt.

Like being at the top of the world.

We had some beautiful sunsets.

Fiona was pleased with her new bed, not spoiled at all ;)

Ready to go on her next adventure.

C'mon dad, what are we doing today?

How about a canoe ride on Newfound lake?

And a walk on the beach after sounds good too.

Many covered bridges.

And cornfields too.

We also visited the dog chapel in St. Johnsbury.

I left a note for Tucker and Deardra there amongst thousands of others.

There are fields, trails, ponds and even a agility course for dogs to play, all off leash. It was a slow day and we only met 5 or so others dogs. Fiona had already proved herself in the mountains and did not seem to care for the agility course ;) The foliage was beautiful.

We hiked another mountain overlooking Squam lake, a much easier hike, but the mosquitoes were brutal along that trail. I expected the skeeters to give me a t-shirt or something for donating blood once at the top.

Posing with her leaf collection.

She enjoyed the trout at the fish hatchery we visited. She would have got me dinner if the hatchery folks weren't around.

Another day of canoeing, this time at Tarleton lake.

We hiked a valley loop trail 5+ miles another day near Stinson lake and Mt Carr. Lots of moose and a few bear tracks along the way but no sightings. A few brook crossings to make with bridges washed out from hurricane Irene.

A beaver slapped it's tail on the water here for us.

Chasing chipmunks into a big hollowed out tree, but the extra protein eluded her once again.

She enjoyed playing with my extra pair of socks at the hiker's hut.

Time for a rest.

Her 1st waterfall.

I think it is unnamed, so now it is Fiona's falls.

We found a few secluded ponds up there too with nice beaches, she loved it all.

It will be a year soon that she entered my life. I do believe she enjoyed her holiday. I'm a proud dad of my little girl.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,057 Posts
Those pictures are amazing.......the scenery...wow!!!!!

Looks like Fiona had a wonderful time!!!!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Absolutely stunning!! Both your beautiful Fiona & the amazing scenery. Wonderful pictures!

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Wow, I am blown away. Absolutely blown away. The pictures are amazing, Fiona is -as usual - looking gorgeous, and I am green with envy. The pictures of your adventures...wow. Your post and pictures would be my perfect trip. As in, my dream holiday with Ranger. Absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
21,114 Posts
wow, I'm simply speechless too. The photos are incredible. Some of them made me dizzy.
I hope you are making this into a coffee table book to save forever. Just incredible.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
I have been waiting for your pictures, you did not dissapoint, how amazing they are, where is the dog chapel, located at, that is great.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
My boys and I are also jealous...wow just wow!!!! The doggy chapel brought a tear to my eye what a wonderful place. Also love the picture with Fiona peeking around the retriever coffee cup waiting for you. I think my favorite is beautiful Fiona laying in the puddle at the top of Mt Cardigan, NH. Thanks for sharing your trip with us :)

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Wow, these are amazing pictures! It sounds like you had a great time with your girl (and so did she!)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Absolutely breathtaking pictures! Makes me miss my home (Deerfield, MA). Fiona certainly did you proud!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Beautiful!! What a wonderful adventure.. I really wish we could do something like that too :) Not a chance with a dog with bum hips who can only walk for 20 mins! :D We shall live vicariously through you...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow! Those pictures are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!!! I am jealous and can't wait to take Molly on an adventure like that one day. Looks like you both had such a blast.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Always love to see other golden owners enjoying outdoor adventures! Fiona seemed to have grown into a very happy and beautiful adventurer!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
What a beautiful holiday you had with Fiona. The pictures are amazing. I love the picture of Fiona posing near her water fall. Such a gorgeous and adventurous girl.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics, I really enjoyed them. The dog chapel was a surprise and made my eyes a little blurry (am going to google it to find out more) and Fiona is such a beautiful girl.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,826 Posts
Amazing photos of your adventures with your beautiful Fiona-she looks fabulous, what a great time for you both.

I see you were at Stephen Huneck's Dog Mountain and the Chapel-awesome!

I love his work....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts