Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Bonnie needs a new brush/comb. She hates the brush we have. It’s one with soft bristles on one side and hard on the other. She only lets me us the soft side. She gets very upset and cries about the other side. I figured maybe we could buy a comb to help with those lose shedding spots that you can pull out like tissues 😂😂😂

but I don’t want a comb or undercoat rake with any type of blades. I bought one on amazon recently and when it got here I took a closer look and it had blades.

So I saw this one on chewy and was wondering if anyone had used this or one similar

·
Registered
420 Posts
I use one like that on my pups neck and legs. She prefers it over the slicker.

I used a sturdy human plastic comb when she was a baby to get her used to it

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use one like that on my pups neck and legs. She prefers it over the slicker.

I used a sturdy human plastic comb when she was a baby to get her used to it
thank you! I’ll have to try it. That soft bristle brush does nothing ! Two strokes and it’s full.

·
Super Moderator
1,098 Posts
oh you should try a tangle teezer or a wet brush- they are mande for people, different brands but same concept! i got the ones for humans and use it on my dogs and they LOVE it (* i believe tangle teezer makes a dog version but the one for people works fine)

i still use a rake to go through them weekly to remove most of the loose fur, but the tangle teezer that i use for the dogs is good for daily brushing and removes a ton of fur as well, and they really enjoy getting brushed with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts