Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our ancient GR finally went to wherever it is that great dogs go last week. So, my wife and I have been trying to buy a GR puppy in WA, OR or British Columbia and are extremely frustrated. We have encountered puppy mills, cranks, flakes and various ripoff types. But, not much luck in finding a breeder who actually has all four current health certifications for the parent dogs, is willing to let us visit the kennel, etc. They're all folksy dog lovers until we start asking the tough questions at which point they do an amazing magic disappearing act, don't respond to email or phone calls.

So does anybody know of any real reputable breeders who actually follow the GR Code of Ethics. We have found a few possible one but none who actual have puppies. Those with puppies are very elusive. Although we only need one dog, this has proved really difficult. :yuck:

·
RIP Sweet Dusty
509 Posts
Sorry to hear you have lost your best friend. I'm a member of the Golden Retriever Club of BC and can recommend a few good breeders to you.
Kulalani Goldens - [email protected] - their website is not up yet. I know they have 1 bitch who is pregnant and possibly a second.
The rest here I don't know if they have pups on the ground or coming soon but:
Oriana goldens - [email protected]. not sure if they have a website. Ainslie Mills - judge/breeder
TNT[email protected] - Janice Gunn - they breed field type
[email protected] - Joanne Kinney - they breed field/conformation
[email protected] - Wendy Lepper - I think she has a website also

These are all very active members in good standing, and do all clearances, on sires and dams, producing pups for temperment and health. If they don't have anything available, I'm sure they can suggest some other members who may. They are all located in Vancouver and suburbs. Just tell them Judie Barks sent you.
Good luck in your search

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fearing the puppy mill

Our ancient GR finally went to wherever it is that great dogs go last week. So, my wife and I have been trying to buy a GR puppy in WA, OR or British Columbia and are extremely frustrated. We have encountered puppy mills, cranks, flakes and various ripoff types. But, not much luck in finding a breeder who actually has all four current health certifications for the parent dogs, is willing to let us visit the kennel, etc. They're all folksy dog lovers until we start asking the tough questions at which point they do an amazing magic disappearing act, don't respond to email or phone calls.

So does anybody know of any real reputable breeders who actually follow the GR Code of Ethics. We have found a few possible one but none who actual have puppies. Those with puppies are very elusive. Although we only need one dog, this has proved really difficult. :yuck:
This is my father, by the way, and I posted about our problems with Foxburrow Kennels here.

Thanks for the advice thus far.

-Jake

·
Murphy's Mommy
2,441 Posts
I can e-mail my breader if you would like. I dont think she will have another liter until the spring though. She lives near the Ocean, but came into Seattle for us to see the pups.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know my breeder recommends Shyan goldens in OR. They have gotten puppies from her, and they just picked up a puppy from my puppy's litter as well. I don't know much about Allsea, but they have puppies from Zoom, who is my puppy's dad, and I couldn't recommend him more for a sire!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hoping to revive this thread. I'm currently looking for a reputable breeder in the OR/WA area. I know that a healthy puppy whose breeder takes necessary steps in reducing risk of genetic issues in their dogs is going to be expensive. However, I just can't afford a puppy with an upfront cost of $2,000 or more. Before the COVID-19 shutdown, I had a good breeder lined up for $1,600, but my boyfriend lost his job from the pandemic and we had to back out. Now that we are in a good place to find another breeder, I can't seem to find ANY reputable breeders under $2,500. Is there anyone out there that knows of responsible breeders in the PNW that get the required health clearances on their puppies for $1,500-$2,000?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts