Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that on some of the prelim readings on the OFA site, they are now including this note - it's highlighted in bright yellow right underneath the prelim rating:

* The OFA recommends a final hip and/or elbow evaluation at 24 months of age or older.

WOOT! I am SO glad that they added this!:party:

·
the party's crashing us
4,307 Posts
Agreed! Good! Now where's that breeder who said OFA told her prelims are considered clearances?

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
I was thinking about submitting my GSD puppy's (He's six months, and had them done last week) just out of curiosity. Of course, he'll never be used for breeding regardless. I think this will make it easier for people to research and make informed choices. Prelims at over a year of age are okay with me, but it also depends on other factors (such as the parents and grandparents).

·
SunKissed Goldens
975 Posts
I was thinking about submitting my GSD puppy's (He's six months, and had them done last week) just out of curiosity. Of course, he'll never be used for breeding regardless. I think this will make it easier for people to research and make informed choices. Prelims at over a year of age are okay with me, but it also depends on other factors (such as the parents and grandparents).
Last I knew OFA only posted prelim results on their web site if the dog was over 12 months when films were taken...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts