Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Kate
20,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've said here or there that I have a #3 golden now, but the past couple weeks or so have been so hectic that I've not had the time to do a formal introduction.

Or maybe I thought I did???? But anyways -

This is Glee - or Gleeful (he gets called both names).

He's Jovi's full brother.

Jovi especially worships him. :laugh:

Bertie - pretended he didn't exist for the first few days (LOL), but have been increasingly catching him snuggling and playing with the little thing.

I wasn't supposed to get a pup this time, but found him to be irresistible.

This post has pretty much a snapshot of very early pics of the litter and their mom.... and then a few pics from his first full week with us.

Attachments

·
Kate
20,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2nd Week Pics

And here's some more pics.

Kinda playing catch up!

Little guy - I don't have his measurements. Not sure if I will do those as religiously. :laugh: But he did weigh 14# at his first vet appointment on Sat... and I think he's gained a couple pounds since then. He's a growing boy.

I think in these pics you can really see his spunky little attitude - and maybe a glimpse of why I immediately said his name is Glee - literally 1 minute after I got talked into taking him even though my family had made it clear that they would slaughter me (LOL - they love him very much - my parents esp).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Congratulations. What a cutie! I thought I saw you make a passing mention of a puppy recently. Now you have Me and Mini-me times 2.

·
Kate
20,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And finally quick notes on the fella. :)

Puppy Class = I'm skipping, however I'm planning on bringing him out to open floor or "pre class" situations for training away from home. He will also start handling classes this fall/winter.

Training = he's SMART. :) I take back what I said above him not being as smart as the other two. I have an opportunity for doing something with him in a couple weeks which requires a golden puppy that can hold a sit stay. So starting this morning, I began teaching him to hold a stay. I could see it "click" in his head by the second or third session of training today and he's now holding a very short sit stay.

Other things he's doing =

treat toss recalls
target/marks
hand touches
spins
sit in heel position
starting downs
puppy fetches

And puppy stacks

·
Super Moderator
636 Posts
I love this little guy! So fun to have full brothers from different litters. Glad to hear he’s doing so well. I can’t wait to see him grow up.

Those baby stacking photos!! What a nice pup.

·
Kate
20,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations. What a cutie! I thought I saw you make a passing mention of a puppy recently. Now you have Me and Mini-me times 2.
Heheh - he really is a mini-me!

That was one of the things that totally snagged me about him. He has Bertie's face. And the way he moves, struts, stacks himself - it's all Bertie again. <B

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
You know... I saw him in your signature a couple of days ago, and thought, did I miss that she got another pup?

Love the name. He is adorable. Sounds like a great pup. I would have loved to have a full younger Shala sibling (couldn't have a second dog at the time). So nice that you have that.

·
Kate
20,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heheh - yep. I put the picture out there, but took my time formulating a good explanation for going mad. LOL.

Seriously - he's been a doll. Much easier than Jovi + he's probably the first puppy ever that I'm sticking in a crate at night. Because he'd be all playful in the middle of the night and Jovi would be all like "Let's go bro!" o_O!

I got the car crate I'm borrowing from the breeder and have been using that for bedtimes to keep the babies apart. It's been perfect. He's crate trained + Jovi cuddles up next to the crate which has to help him too.

I'm still popping up once a night to get him outside - but way better than if I weren't using the crate to reinforce bedtimes!

·
Don
182 Posts
He is so precious looking,sounds like he has beauty and brains.
By the by I decided not to get a puppy, my wife is having a difficult time, so maybe after the baby's born we'll think about it, she's sad about this decision, but I really feel it's best

·
Kate
20,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is so precious looking,sounds like he has beauty and brains.
By the by I decided not to get a puppy, my wife is having a difficult time, so maybe after the baby's born we'll think about it, she's sad about this decision, but I really feel it's best
Give the other golden extra love and hugs - and plan ahead. The right time will come. <B

·
Don
182 Posts
Right now I just been trying to get Lily(my wife's golden) to trust me.She will let me exercise her for shot periods but still refuses to go running with me.I fell that, even though she is an active dog, she would stay in the house all day just so she's close to Tess

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Heheh - yep. I put the picture out there, but took my time formulating a good explanation for going mad. LOL.

I don't think you're mad. You knew what you were getting into - you have enough experience! If you have the time and space for another, why not? :smile2:
How old is Jovi now?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts