Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SIGHTING:
1st sighting of her in our area was back in May of 2019.
LATEST UPDATE as of November 4, 2019
FEMALE
GOLDEN RETRIEVER
SAFE AT OUR HOME.
VERY, VERY WELL BEHAVED/GENTLE.
We think she has been on her own for a long time.
She was first seen 5 MILES NORTH OF CAYUGA, INDIANA ON FLAT IRON ROAD. She was even seen up on St Rd 32 which is about 3-5 miles north of us and is a county road between PERRYSVILLE, IND & DANVILLE, ILL.
1. Still skittish around people who come to the house & also to noises.

2. She still prefers to sleep outside even though we have 2 houses set up for her in the big barn plus 2 other inside areas that she can get in.

3. She has been disappearing at night so she is holding up somewhere out of the weather.

4. Right now she is full of burrs from the fields. Been trying to get her used to brushings.

5. Waiting on the shelter that we foster for to bring out a chip detector.

6. She still has not totally made up with my husband yet but we are working on that.

7. And she makes the funniest faces when she is happy and sees you. We call her ''growly face'' since her smile looks like a grimace.

All that being said, I sure wish I knew if someone is missing her so we could let them know she is safe for now. We will keep her as long as she has no one else and make sure she is well taken care of. Right now she still seems to have some ''trust'' issues but thankfully she seems to trust me so we are happy for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Blessings to you for making the effort to help her.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I'd suggest you borrow a microchip scanner for the next time you expect to see her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts