Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We bought a "1 Year Old" female Golden Retriever out of the paper last week. The people said she had a batch of puppies and the "12 week old runt" was still trying to nurse when we picked her up.

I noticed a day or two ago that she has kind of a blotchy coloration on her tits and she has some strange "bumps" between her furtherest back tit sack. Is this anything to worry about or will it just go away?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Hello,

We bought a "1 Year Old" female Golden Retriever out of the paper last week. The people said she had a batch of puppies and the "12 week old runt" was still trying to nurse when we picked her up.

I noticed a day or two ago that she has kind of a blotchy coloration on her tits and she has some strange "bumps" between her furtherest back tit sack. Is this anything to worry about or will it just go away?

Thanks!
A picture might help a little!

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
If you have any doubts I'd seek a medical opinion from your vet - has she had a "well check" since you got her? Probably a good time!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It is not something I've heard of before but like the others said it is probably a good first question for your vet.

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
I agree. I always have any new dog checked out by our vet right away, just to make sure he/she is healthy and there are no problems I'm not aware of.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello and welcome,
I agree with everyone else to get her to the vet to have a wellness check up. Maybe one of the breeders on the forum will be able to answer you better. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a Picture

Hi Heidi,

Here is a picture of the problem area. If anyone can give some ideas I would really appreciate it. I looked around the web a bit and saw some people suggesting Cortisone 10 Cream.

I have added the picture using the add attachment button above. I hope this works. If not, let me know and I can try something else.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts