Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Graham's momma too!
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next month it will have been three years since I lost my very first golden, Molson. I think of him everyday and will miss him forever. I found this photo and quote on facebook. It was so lovely that it brought tears to my eyes. Its a quote adapted from the book "The Notebook". Thought I would share.

Attachments

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Hugs to you. What a wonderful picture and quote. When you strip it all down, that really is the meaning of life and the gauge of a life well lived.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That quote is so about who they are. And, haven't we as humans done the same with them: loved another with all my heart and soul.. I think that is why it hurts so much. I loved Buddy recklessly. I did not know any other way. Heart and soul--no half way.

I am sorry for your loss. I really, really understand it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What a beautiful posting. I lost my sweet Abby 3 weeks ago and I know I will never forget her or the love she gave to me. Its amazing what a void there is in your life when they pass. I'm trying to find a new normal. I hate leaving my house because I don't want to come home to her not greeting me at the door or going to bed and not having her by my side. I'm thankful for the wonderful 11 years and unconditional love we shared with each other. Thank you for reminding me of those moments.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
The sadness never leaves me. I still grieve for Sally(Rainbow Bridge 9 years ago), Laney(Rainbow Bridge 5 years ago), and Cookie who passed away in June. And I have six more! I have loved all of my Goldens and have the best memories of their lives.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I hope you will indulge me. Though they weren't goldens, I miss my two bridge dogs so much. The other day I was busy doing things around the house when all of a sudden my bridge boy came to mind and I felt such a pain in my heart missing him.
I don't know if there is something after death but I asked them both to come find me when my time comes because I want to go where they are.

Attachments

Reactions: Karen519

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
C's Mom

C's Mom

That is so very beautiful what you wrote! I pray my Bridge dogs are there when it comes time for me to leave this earth and that they are with in eternity!!

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Im so sorry for your loss and sadness....I miss my Bridge pups sooo much too....
PS I love the quote and picture....and it is soooo true. (The Notebook is my all time favorite movie ...)

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
MidasMom and Abbygirl, I am very sorry for your loss. It took me seven months to realize I will miss my Buddy forever. I thought with time this feeling will fade but it did not, still going very strong. A peace of my heart will be with my Buddy forever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts